Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By XR500

Thread: 2017 dmax idling

2017 dmax idling

Iv got a 2017 dmax & it idles high often more so when it a frosty morning it's been back to the shop meany Times but they say there nothing wrong so dose any one else's do that thanks

Have the same year. No issues. Happy to ask my cousin tomorrow morning as he services plenty of them.

Thanks I'm bot to get grumpy bot it it been going one since I brought it new

Did you show them that it idles high when at the shop? They can't fob you off with "there's nothing wrong" if you show them the problem first hand.
    Last edited by Allizdog; 01-10-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Iv video it but I can't get it to on call it just dose it sometimes & there it will go 2 weeks without missing a beat. I know that bee intermittent mask it hard to find but how long do you let it go on for

Mine idles fine but I'm grumpy with Isuzu at the moment. My 2018 DMax has shit its turbo. It was replaced under warranty no questions asked but it turns out that its a known fault that they have stayed Mum about. It sounds like all turbos on the last 2 years models will likely pack up eventually. It also appears that if it happens out of the warranty period you are stiff out of luck. I'm guessing a recall would be too expensive for them and there may not even be enough replacement turbos. But surely Isuzu should at least advise owners to listen for the whine they make when they start to pack up and tell owners to get it replaced as soon as its detected?

Does anyone know about this?
    csmiffy likes this.

Checked with my cousin the mechanic. He reckons it’s normal for a cold d max to idle up to about 1100rpm after starting when cold, but it should soon drop back to about 900. If idle remains high, it may be the ecu. The system has no adjustments as it’s all computerised. He suggests not worrying unless idle stays high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Mine idles fine but I'm grumpy with Isuzu at the moment. My 2018 DMax has shit its turbo. It was replaced under warranty no questions asked but it turns out that its a known fault that they have stayed Mum about. It sounds like all turbos on the last 2 years models will likely pack up eventually. It also appears that if it happens out of the warranty period you are stiff out of luck. I'm guessing a recall would be too expensive for them and there may not even be enough replacement turbos. But surely Isuzu should at least advise owners to listen for the whine they make when they start to pack up and tell owners to get it replaced as soon as its detected?

.......And here's my 27 year old Nissan Patrol with factory turbo with 500,000 km under its belt still chugging along...
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

Yep right tahr mine been done & they told me that it's a known fault but replace with no issues so all good on that part

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    So they should, Holden replaced whole engines on Colorados some years back.
    It a bit like the valve seats on sheep shagger toyota's and up , they never mentioned that needed done when I bought mine,if it's a known problem not informing potential buyers should be illegal.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    So they should, Holden replaced whole engines on Colorados some years back.
    It a bit like the valve seats on sheep shagger toyota's and up , they never mentioned that needed done when I bought mine,if it's a known problem not informing potential buyers should be illegal.
    Just need a longer dipstick

didnt stop me buying another one tho
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"