Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 3.2L Duratorq injection pump and injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How many ks has it done?
    120 - far under what it should have (0 km travelled over lockdown didn't help that though to be fair). It's the result of too many teething issues that I ended up having to fix myself. As I said, not a vehicle fault but dealer service end just not having the required experience and performing to what I would expect as a standard. And not doing the extra servicing at my cost as agreed at purchase time - finding that out was a real slap in the face. I'm probably old fashioned in that when things are agreed that is what I expect will happen - and when I find out that it's not happening it really pisses me off.
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    120 - far under what it should have (0 km travelled over lockdown didn't help that though to be fair). It's the result of too many teething issues that I ended up having to fix myself. As I said, not a vehicle fault but dealer service end just not having the required experience and performing to what I would expect as a standard. And not doing the extra servicing at my cost as agreed at purchase time - finding that out was a real slap in the face. I'm probably old fashioned in that when things are agreed that is what I expect will happen - and when I find out that it's not happening it really pisses me off.
    In the old days of mechanical injection 100k would be typical for an injector service new nozzels and check preasures 80-100 bucks each.

Then there was the D4D Toyota that ate injector seals every 40-80 thousand and if not replaced the cabon build up blocked the oil intake and lunched the engine.

And now it seems pretty much everything if it gets one drop of water in it the whole system is fucked and costs 8-12grand to replace.

We certainly have come a long way.

What has caused the pump failure is it water or something else?
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Unsure, had a dose of bug through it recently but the issue had been occuring for over a year but in every other scenario operates fine with no issues. It's had a failed tank sender lift pump replaced in the past which might have contributed to increased wear and at this stage it's basically looking at the last components group left that could be contributing which is injectors and injection pump. No water present, but had a very slight amount of bug - fuel filter should have been replaced at every service per my request but wasn't so missed an opportunity to possibly prevent it.

I am continually stunned at the pathetic size of the current crop of 4x4 ute fuel filters. Whatever happened to primary and secondary fuel filters??? I used to fit primary 10 micron fuel filters that the medium expanded and blocked the passage of any water. That would starve the engine and it would die. The secondary fuel filter went down to 2 micron.

Its almost as if the manufacturers want shit to get through to the common rail