Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: 70 series - what mod or what mod NOT to get

70 series - what mod or what mod NOT to get

Just wanted to share my new pride and joy, not my intention to poke anyone or show off

After 20+ years of working hard, I finally took the plunge and bought my own car that I actually liked,
    Not for work, not for family nor for anyone, just for me and my wee buddy .

ex 70's owner or current owner, would you kindly share some mods intel?
    I'm looking for an adjustable (height) towbar for a low-rider plant trailer, any suggestions?
    a better sound system, any suggestion?

A few mods coming this week,
    seat covers, cargo tray and dog liner for my wee buddy to make a mess on,
    Flim, cup holder tray, pull out cup holder weather shield and bonnet guard.

what's next should I get?

Not planning to install or change the wheel, bullbar, radio, roof rack, bumper, winch.

Name:  20231005_162753.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  399.7 KB
    veitnamcam, 308, trooper90 and 5 others like this.

lights front and rear LEDS roof mounted best - cant beat lighting up where you are going and for loading in back etc but yup lotsa lights
    Snap 4T likes this.

Really depends on what you want to use it for? Plenty of info on the aussie forums for these they fking love them. Check out 4wd/24/7 on youtube theyve got all the bells and whistles going on and go indepth on budget systems. If its an auto an upgraded trans cooler is an easy insurance investment along with a pre fuep filter with a water alarm. Id be looking at a snorkel set up also even if you dont plan on water crossings it helps pulling in clean cool air to your motor.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Snap 4T likes this.

Lol snorkel already done, scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Really depends on what you want to use it for? Plenty of info on the aussie forums for these they fking love them. Check out 4wd/24/7 on youtube theyve got all the bells and whistles going on and go indepth on budget systems. If its an auto an upgraded trans cooler is an easy insurance investment along with a pre fuep filter with a water alarm. Id be looking at a snorkel set up also even if you dont plan on water crossings it helps pulling in clean cool air to your motor.

Weekend driving, fishing, towing trailers and maybe hunting when I don't work as much,
    Only manual trans available for this model,
    OZ forums have most of their gear, not available here but good idea. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    lights front and rear LEDS roof mounted best - cant beat lighting up where you are going and for loading in back etc but yup lotsa lights
    That sounds like a plan, will try to find an installer near me who could do it without bullbars or a roof rack

A solid tune can help performance and fuel economy too.

That looks like a nice tidy one.
    veitnamcam and Snap 4T like this.
    Artillery...landscape adjustment since 1300AD.

Dont get the tune. You dont need it.

A sport exhaust will help free up things.

Spotlights. The factory lights are ok, but spot lights help heaps.

Seat covers. I think mine are black duck or something. The aussies have a neat little tray that goes around the gear stick and sits on the tran tunnel.

Thats what I will get next.

get some tints too Snap. Much better than the fish bowl look.

Hoe many kms has that one done ?? Look after it, change the oil often ( My service interval is 5000kms)

Oil filter every time. Fuel filter every second. G/box and diffs every 25k kms. Air filter as required.

Where are you based Snap??
    Snap 4T likes this.

@amlnz has spent a LOT on his one...pretty sure there isnt much he doesnt know about them...
    Snap 4T likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Full service and quality fluids throughout - diffs, trans, transfer case, brakes and clutch as well as engine and fuel filters. Also, if it hasn't got them fitting extended breathers to all gear cases and running them up somewhere high. I ran all of mine up to the highest spot I could get under the bonnet, I did a bit of a different approach to most and ran the rear diff forwards along the right hand chassis rail and used t-port or three way hose tail connectors to connect the breathers for the transfer case, transmission and front diff (I also ran one to the PTO winch). That left just one vent position under the bonnet, and I used a small inline fuel filter pointed down with a 90deg connector at the top. Worked well and didn't end up with the lovely diff oil smell in the cab.

as it has snorkel make sure it has dif and gearbox breather extensions if you intend to do any river crossing etc.
    So many people do the snorkel but let the diffs drown.
    Snap 4T likes this.

Gkp
    I have had a couple now and two most important things is a catch can and a secondary fuel filter.
    The catch can will prevent your intake getting clogged up. If you look into the price of replacing injectors you will see why a secondary fuel filter can save you alot of $ potentially.
    I got a new one a year ago and have done the above plus 3 inch exhaust with egr and dpf delete with a remap. Front facing snorkel hat too.
    Have also done a break controller and Andersons plug for the caravan.
    Can't justify the $ to spend any more atm but next will be a decent snorkel and airbox Name:  20220706_110017.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  3.24 MB
    Carbine, BRADS, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    I have had a couple now and two most important things is a catch can and a secondary fuel filter.
    The catch can will prevent your intake getting clogged up. If you look into the price of replacing injectors you will see why a secondary fuel filter can save you alot of $ potentially.
    I got a new one a year ago and have done the above plus 3 inch exhaust with egr and dpf delete with a remap. Front facing snorkel hat too.
    Have also done a break controller and Andersons plug for the caravan.
    Can't justify the $ to spend any more atm but next will be a decent snorkel and airbox Attachment 235062
    The EHR and dpf delete, how does that affect your warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Snap 4T likes this.

winch does it have one if not yes very handy- skin deer with them real quick - great advice about the breathers - nice wagon -
    Snap 4T likes this.

A lift and decent tyres should get you most places
    Snap 4T likes this.