Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: 70 series - what mod or what mod NOT to get

Cole
    Check to see if the snorkel is sealed well, have heard the factory ones are more for getting fresh air above the dust as opposed to actually water tight for river crossings, dunno if it’s true, just what I heard. Doesn’t hurt to check.

Quality car audio in Chch for sound systems, good fullas. Also Manawatu Sound Hub in palmy, but there’s gotta be a good one in Auckland. Alpine for good gear.
    Snap 4T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    Seat covers. I think mine are black duck or something. The aussies have a neat little tray that goes around the gear stick and sits on the tran tunnel.
    Thats what I will get next.
    get some tints too Snap. Much better than the fish bowl look.
    Hoe many kms has that one done ?? Look after it, change the oil often ( My service interval is 5000kms)
    Oil filter every time. Fuel filter every second. G/box and diffs every 25k kms. Air filter as required.
    Where are you based Snap??
    Thank you for the insight Tac A1
    I have a seat cover and that little tray that goes around the gear stick coming this/next week,
    Tint (FM7) is booked for Friday.

Done 30 km so far,
    Good idea to get the oil replaced at 5k before Toyota service is due (10k), especially for a new engine
    I hope my mechanic neighbour knows what oil to use.

I'm currently based in Wainui - Auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    ... Also, if it hasn't got them fitting extended breathers to all gear cases and running them up somewhere high..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    as it has snorkel make sure it has dif and gearbox breather extensions ....

I may or may not need it but will look it up ,
    dont want to do anything that I dont need or might void Toyota warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    A lift and decent tyres should get you most places
    I'm 170cm on a good day and its too tall for me as it is. Haha..

Quote Originally Posted by dvk-kp View Post
    Check to see if the snorkel is sealed well, have heard the factory ones are more for getting fresh air above the dust as opposed to actually water tight for river crossings, dunno if it’s true, just what I heard. Doesn’t hurt to check.
    Quality car audio in Chch for sound systems, good fullas. Also Manawatu Sound Hub in palmy, but there’s gotta be a good one in Auckland. Alpine for good gear.
    I used to use JonVy but for the $ that I spend and the sound quality, I'm not going back there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    winch does it have one if not yes very handy- skin deer with them real quick - great advice about the breathers - nice wagon -
    I don't mind 12000lb winch but not putting bullbars so winch is out of option I guess,
    been looking at this wagon for years but couldn't justify having one until last week

https://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductDet...productID=6405

Sound system, depends what you enjoy. I'd say you can fit 6x9 speakers in rear doors and 5.25 or 6" ones in the front doors, which may need risers/stand-offs to fit. You'll also want to run proper speaker wire as the factory stuff is the bare minimum gauge to make noise.

A standard head unit is only going to be putting out 50Watts per corner so ideally you want 1 or 2 amplifiers in there depending on what line level outputs your head unit has.
    I find USB a damn handy thing, can fit about 60,000 songs on a little memory stick. But if you have music on your phone then you'll want bluetooth or Ipod connectors.

Depending how serious you're going to get, or how prepared you want to be, onboard-air or a decent 12V compressor. Some people would add a wash-down pump, It's always nicer if you have to do trackside repairs on things that aren't caked in mud and dust. Doubles as a 30 second waterblast-shower for you and doggo if you get caught out.
    Snap 4T likes this.
    The only Government to trust: .45-70

Snap, Im sure your mechanic man is up to the task. but just in case the engine needs 15/40 Diesel engine oil. I use Castrol Vecton. I get Toyota to do the 25k services with the diffs and g / box. 100k km service all fluids including radiator, brake and clutch etc.

If the truck is brand new take it to the Toyota workshop. The services arent that bad and you want to keep your warranty up. Ive never had any issues with a claim but they cant baulk if youve had it with them the whole time. Get the extended five year warranty. Its only a few hundred dollars more.

Ive had two warranty claims with mine. Front diff crack in the shock mount area LH side. New diff housing. (Poor weld and design)

Floor mats in the front eyes pulled out. Oh, and a battery didnt go five years so got a new one of them too.
    Snap 4T likes this.

Plus if you take it to toyota youll get software upgrades if theres any as well
    Snap 4T likes this.

Don't trust the factory snorkel with water, you'll see they have a join at bonne height, this join isn't watertight.
    Gkp and Snap 4T like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap 4T View Post
    I don't mind 12000lb winch but not putting bullbars so winch is out of option I guess,
    been looking at this wagon for years but couldn't justify having one until last week
    mate these scream bull bar even just a small custom tool bar for some spotlights ( man I love spending other peoples money )
    Snap 4T and 11mms like this.

Nice truck mate, love those 70 wagons. Something quite appealing about how basic they are.
    Snap 4T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap 4T View Post
    Look into soft mounts for winches, all you need are two rated hookup points for the shackles and then a narrow drum winch on a mounting plate with two soft 2ton slings and a power supply anderson plug. If you put the power supply and two hooks at the back you can winch from both ends - a massive advantage over a front mounted winch that often only pulls you further into the crap before you start getting out...

is it brand new?
    Snap 4T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 11mms View Post
    https://www.4wdbits.co.nz/ProductDet...productID=6405

Sound system, depends what you enjoy. I'd say you can fit 6x9 speakers in rear doors and 5.25 or 6" ones in the front doors, which may need risers/stand-offs to fit. You'll also want to run proper speaker wire as the factory stuff is the bare minimum gauge to make noise.
    Depending how serious you're going to get, or how prepared you want to be, onboard-air or a decent 12V compressor..
    Thanks 11mms, will do some reading on those

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    ... 15/40 Diesel engine oil. I use Castrol Vecton.
    I get Toyota to do the 25k services with the diffs and g / box. 100k km service all fluids including radiator, brake and clutch etc.

If the truck is brand new take it to the Toyota workshop. The services arent that bad and you want to keep your warranty up. Ive never had any issues with a claim but they cant baulk if youve had it with them the whole time. Get the extended five year warranty. Its only a few hundred dollars more.

Ive had two warranty claims with mine. Front diff crack in the shock mount area LH side. New diff housing. (Poor weld and design)

Floor mats in the front eyes pulled out. Oh, and a battery didnt go five years so got a new one of them too.
    Thanks TAC A1, I will mention that.
    it comes with 5 years warranty and hopefully I dont have to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Basher View Post
    Nice truck mate, love those 70 wagons. Something quite appealing about how basic they are.
    my oldman used to have one, the older version (the pick up version), maybe that's why I always wanted one

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Look into soft mounts for winches, all you need are two rated hookup points for the shackles and then a narrow drum winch on a mounting plate with two soft 2ton slings and a power supply anderson plug....
    will do some more reading on those, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    is it brand new?
    yes

no wonder It looked so shiney...

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    The EHR and dpf delete, how does that affect your warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Negates warranty over here.

You got in just in time. Toyota announced yesterday “no more v8 model 70’s”