Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anyone know their way around 200 Series Landcruises?

No replacement for displacement.

Some huge money being paid for old wagons back home.

I get the same fuel economy from a petrol 4.8 V8 towing 2 5 ton practically every day that JoshC gets from his Diesel Cruiser, thats surprising to me. My ute is a 5 year old Chevy Silverado that cost about $100k new. I have put 240,000km on it and thats all towing on s
    Some of Europes steepest roads.

Parts and servicing are dirt cheap, oil filters $3 each, broke a rear spring $400,if your not off road 5 days a week maybe consider a yank wagon?
    XR500 likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Anyone know their way around 200 Series Landcruises?

New prados would be great, if only Toyota put a motor with decent grunt in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JoshC; 12-02-2023 at 12:10 PM.
    BRADS likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    New prados would be great, if only Toyota put a motor with decent grunt in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they would put the 4.5 V8 in them Josh, that would be a weapon.

It's interesting, the 200 with the V8 seems to do about as well as the new Ranger with the V6 from what I'm told. I'm not so sure that the older 'no replacement for displacement' is true below the 6L capacity point - a possible contributing thing could be the setup of the transmission and gear ratios being specc'd for reliability in really harsh conditions vs Auckland soccer field duties. A few guys that ripped the mechanical stuff apart and replaced it with aftermarket from the dealers lot have created absolute landeater weapons not landcruisers... But that is creating a 200K value vehicle which is just massive $$$$.

A lot of the guys appear to be impressed with the new model Ranger - I myself am reluctant to give up my manual box and the new vehicle's much flatter and squarer bonnet front doesn't impress me overly. Forward vis while acceptable is noticeably less than the earlier vehicle, especially downwards off to each corner which is where you want to be seeing as you ramp over things.

I have a 2018 VX, like driving a Lazyboy with a V8 under it, wouldn't change it for all the tea in China, it's my daily work wagon, gets a dung out once every 6 months.
    Speed in it is bloody deceiving because it's so comfortable to drive, cost me $3k last year getting a 3 month work license, fcuking tax collectors.
    JoshC and BRADS like this.