Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By tac a1
  • 4 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Quackers

Thread: Boat trailer maintence.

Boat trailer maintence.

What everyone do apart from washing down trailer.was thinking of spraying the inside of my box section boat trailer with lanocote or inox mx4 product. After reading a bit about it seems it reacts somehow with the salt and makes the trailer worse so to speak .there was a article by dunbier trailers

I see you can use corrosion x to spray i think a guy up kaucop ways does it.for you.

Fish oil?

Run a garden watering system down bothe sides of trailer where ever you want to wash.
    Makes a good washdown easy and you can clip the salt away dispenser if you so choose.
    Lanacote gets sticky also really designed for when bolting disimilar metals together
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yeah was at the boat show talking to another group of salt rinse guys..apparently the salt away people who bought it into nz have walked away from it and started another company .has been a lot of gummning up of engines and actual evidence of destroying of internal engines etc .They didn't name the company salt away as to speak but let me guess myself which company
    I spose as not to say bad things about rival company's. I haven't used salt away.for a while use sea it product dor a while.the old antifreeze and dishwasher combo when I run out .

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    What everyone do apart from washing down trailer.was thinking of spraying the inside of my box section boat trailer with lanocote or inox mx4 product. After reading a bit about it seems it reacts somehow with the salt and makes the trailer worse so to speak .there was a article by dunbier trailers

I see you can use corrosion x to spray i think a guy up kaucop ways does it.for you.
    simple green is a good product for external wash down - internally I would go with deodorized fish oil

MB

Nothing. Just as much water in there ( fresh) as you can squirt.

I dont use salt away on my engines. I dont like it after seeing evidence of water pump impellors swelling and tearing lobes off.

I dont use anything like fish oil or cavity wax internally in the trailer chassis. Problem is if you need to have a welding repair or anything of that sort it cant be done. Combustable agent in and enclosed space with oxygen equals pipe bomb.

No, just flush with water. You can use like xt88 or something if you think you need it.

Re galv when needed.
    Ned likes this.

Boat trailers made of box section = bad boat trailer. All good designs use C section. So much easier to rinse and do maintenance that will last on them.

Yeah my old trailer was homemade and c section
    Unfortunately new boat comes with a dmw one .

Diligent fresh water rinsing inside the tubes.
    Mudgeway are one that seem to make this deliberately difficult.
    I use salt away on my boat and motor occasionally, any problems caused by this stuff is caused by too strong a mix and being left on.
    It is good shit but it must be rinsed off and out after neutralizing the salt.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

@Quackers & @tac a1. Plse expand on salt away cons.Ive been using it to externally rinse a warm alloy block and alloy hull and C section alloy trailer bearers.Not running it internally thru the plumbing to flush internals.Your knowledge, experiences using this product would be appreciated.Are you saying if run thru an eggbeater via ear muffs that the chemical composition is breaking down plastic impellers integrity?Your observations when applied externally to warm alloy engine castings following thorough neutralizing rinse off.Any other comments from other members plse chip in.Dont wanna compromise my all alloy J boat.I note there is a recently released "chemical free bio" alternative kiwi product.So I may ditch Salt Away if you fellas recommend.cheers

I'll send you a pm.i don't want to be on here bagging the shit out of a product and be in court facing some sort of legal charges.
    bluebaiter222 likes this.

Banned
    Don't have anything to add to the saltaway discussion but the best thing I ever did for boat trailer maintenance was to change seals as required and run proper bearing oil instead of grease.
    I just used the pressed steel bearing caps and made a hole with thread for filler screw with rubber washer.