Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Check your speedos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    @Finnwolf If you follow the link and read, you will find the report for the period Jul 2007 to Dec 2010.

"It is the fifth incident since December 2007 in which a police car has collided with a motorist while attempting to turn and chase a speeding driver....."

Along with mention off other motorcyclists involved.Five to me, means more than several, but less than many
    I was just being picky as the post that used ‘they’ seemed to me to be in reference to one incident.
    Maybe it wasn’t - but it was MY interpretation.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    @Finnwolf If you follow the link and read, you will find the report for the period Jul 2007 to Dec 2010.

"It is the fifth incident since December 2007 in which a police car has collided with a motorist while attempting to turn and chase a speeding driver....."

Along with mention off other motorcyclists involved.Five to me, means more than several, but less than many
    I was just being picky as the post that used ‘they’ seemed to me to be in reference to one incident but implied many had caused it.
    Maybe it wasn’t - but it was MY interpretation.

I didnt follow that advice.
    Got pulled up on the way home. Doing 60 in a 50. Coppa asked if I knew how fast I was doing, told him "nope, wasnt even looking". Just a bit quick at this time of the year he said and expect a $30 ticket in the mail.

Incidentally, he was packing his pistol, I didnt think cops were armed all the time but I guess they now are.
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Have seen more than one "highway" do a U turn in a dump place to chase, always wondered if they taught the tourist drivers where to turn when they've missed a turnoff, or vise-versa.
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Have seen more than one "highway" do a U turn in a dump place to chase, always wondered if they taught the tourist drivers where to turn when they've missed a turnoff, or vise-versa.
    I thought that no body taught any of the Tourist drivers, including those who normally drive a small car but are now driving effing great camper vans on an "International Driver Licence" arrangement, anything about our road rules.

I'd be dellghted to be proven wrong...........
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    I didnt follow that advice.
    Got pulled up on the way home. Doing 60 in a 50. Coppa asked if I knew how fast I was doing, told him "nope, wasnt even looking". Just a bit quick at this time of the year he said and expect a $30 ticket in the mail.

Incidentally, he was packing his pistol, I didnt think cops were armed all the time but I guess they now are.
    So in fact the ONE cop you met was ‘packing his pistol’.

From that you deduce THEY are armed all the time?

This forum is riddled with such assumptions...

(The cop you met may well have been returning from an incident the required him to be armed, jus’ sayin’)
    distant stalker and Savage1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    I know.
    But ‘they’ tends to/can indicate several.
    I quoted Mikee where he mentioned "the plod" so I thought useing "they" in response would have been quite clear.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

northdude
    just checked my speedos havnt worn them for about 30 years and a little bit tight anyone want a pic

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    just checked my speedos havnt worn them for about 30 years and a little bit tight anyone want a pic

With or without you modelling them?.................We do get a choice ..Don't we?
    northdude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    So in fact the ONE cop you met was ‘packing his pistol’.

From that you deduce THEY are armed all the time?

This forum is riddled with such assumptions...

(The cop you met may well have been returning from an incident the required him to be armed, jus’ sayin’)
    Well, actually yes, he was sitting on a popular side road on the other side of the road with his radar on facing me waiting for people like me to come along. It is a favorite hangout for them and I should have been on the lookout.

Still, as long as the $30 I give goes towards a box of bullets for the cop to get some practice in and not Potato for her holiday extravaganza, then I dont mind donating.

So who is making assumptions? Hmmm, maybe a bit quick on the trigger there without knowing that facts ah.
    outlander likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I got a ticket for 104km/h in a 100 area earlier this year, along with a lecture about how "we are looking to change the attitudes of people like you...", and "there is no requirement for a tolerance around speed"

Sure changed my attitude. Probably not in the intended direction.
    Fawls, outlander and caberslash like this.

Fulla
    it must be nice in the south island, in the north your probably only doing 60-80k anyway.

There were out in force today, sit behind a truck and trailer, when they drop from 110 km to 90, there's a camera or highway, cheaper than a radar detector.
    outlander likes this.

Nothing new, happens every year, big stick waving bullshit! A sad example of how far police HQ has fallen.
    outlander likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Nothing new, happens every year, big stick waving bullshit! A sad example of how far police HQ has fallen.
    Think it's todays PC society, instead of lifting the driving standards it's easier to drop the speed limits so everyone feels "safe" Which isn't the case.
    outlander and Finnwolf like this.