Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Cross8/crewman.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I havent done a test on the rav but it would be over 10l per 100....but then I am struggling to think of anything I have owned with 4 wheels that has used less.
    It is better by a huge margin than the cruiser was tho....Nelson to kiaks and back to almost ward and had to fuel or I wouldn't have made blen....100liter tank plus road users and everything that wears out....fast!

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    You have massive tyres or your injection system needs some love
    That's about as bad as the old mans petrol one

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Have you considered the turbo diesel Vitaras ?
    I cant afford a new diesel and there is no way I can afford to maintain a high mileage common rail and everything that is mechanical injection is old and fucked too.

There is nothing in the second hand market literally.

I want.
    petrol
    awd or fwd
    double cab comfy.
    ute

And I hate to say it but probably auto even tho I bloody hate them only because backing my boat up drive into shed would waste a clutch pretty quickly.

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker

Cross8/crewman.

I cant afford a new diesel and there is no way I can afford to maintain a high mileage common rail and everything that is mechanical injection is old and fucked too.

I want.
    petrol
    awd or fwd
    double cab comfy.
    ute

And I hate to say it but probably auto even tho I bloody hate them only because backing my boat up drive into shed would waste a clutch pretty quickly.

The 3.2L V6 Vitara in auto ?

Toyota make a nice petrol Hilux as well
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I want.
    petrol
    awd or fwd
    double cab comfy.
    ute

Low box 4wd manual would fly up there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Low box 4wd manual would fly up there.....
    Not a question of grunt but manouvering and going slow enough ie riding the clutch...getting the tandam round the corner is fun even with the rav and that is bloody short!

No question could do it with low box but just going to be hard on things especially full lock tuns on concrete in 4wd.

Not a question of grunt but manouvering and going slow enough ie riding the clutch...getting the tandam round the corner is fun even with the rav and that is bloody short!

No question could do it with low box but just going to be hard on things especially full lock tuns on concrete in 4wd.

At least its only a boat on a single axle, not a car on a tandem

Caretaker
    Just a stray thought.......

For the time you have the boat could you lease a vehicle ?

$90 a week for a year, two years? Three?

Then when the lease is done you will be done with the boat or at least know what works.

You would pay more a week if you purchased a vehicle ?

Just a thought

I never understood leasing.....its like a hire purchase but at the end you own nothing?

Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

Auto is good for converting power to torque, which is what you want by the sounds of it. Better for manoeuvring a heavy load and they tend to get better mileage on the open road as they are revving lower. I'm seriously thinking of petrol next round as the increases in RUC's have made diesel less attractive. In Feb the RUC's were over 1/3 of the running costs, be even worse with a more economical engine. I'm using about 14l/100km. The Isuzu is a lot thirstier than the Safari.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I never understood leasing.....its like a hire purchase but at the end you own nothing?

Yes. When you do the maths leasing is not a good option. The lease company want to make money and you are paying for it. The companies we have that are the most successful buy their vehicles and it saves them big money.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

If its anything like the Adventra the turning circle is bad and the steering is pretty heavey, ours is the v6 and gets 11l/100km but most of that is around town. The front suspension bushes die and that roots all the tyres quick but a set of Nolathane bushes and its pretty good now
    veitnamcam likes this.

Caretaker

You get what you want/need without having to be eligible for a loan or having any savings, and thats to use a brand new vehicle for a set period of time, and lose less money than if you had purchased new then took a bath when selling after the same period of time.

The right tool for the job at the right time

Like hiring something from the hire centre, for a year or two.
    BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Auto is good for converting power to torque, which is what you want by the sounds of it. Better for manoeuvring a heavy load and they tend to get better mileage on the open road as they are revving lower. I'm seriously thinking of petrol next round as the increases in RUC's have made diesel less attractive. In Feb the RUC's were over 1/3 of the running costs, be even worse with a more economical engine. I'm using about 14l/100km. The Isuzu is a lot thirstier than the Safari.
    Yea bugger the diesels till the govt makes them more attractive to own.....they should be encouraging small diesel car ownership but you would be mad to.

14 is alright for the zoo....i could get down to 450km towing with the cruiser out of the 100l tank.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    You get what you want/need without having to be eligible for a loan or having any savings, and thats to use a brand new vehicle for a set period of time, and lose less money than if you had purchased new then took a bath when selling after the same period of time.

The right tool for the job at the right time

Like hiring something from the hire centre, for a year or two.
    Money down the drain to me.

I can see why buisness would do it where it can be advantageous to appear to earn less than you really do for many reasons.

gadgetman likes this.

Yea bugger the diesels till the govt makes them more attractive to own.....they should be encouraging small diesel car ownership but you would be mad to.

14 is alright for the zoo....i could get down to 450km towing with the cruiser out of the 100l tank.

Stupid making the lowest bracket 6000kg and bumping everyone up to that. With a lot of those small efficient diesels the RUC's are as much as the fuel cost.

I miss the fuel economy of the Safari and towing capacity. Nannering it could get about 6l/100km. Nelson and back and 100km round town on 62litres, that's all I could get into the tank from the E mark.