Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Field days ute specials?

Field days ute specials?

Anyone know when they start coming out?
    Anyone walked up with the money there and then and got a deal better than going to the show room?

Field days is June 13-16 and southern is Feb 14-16

Always found if the Field day specials are on the trade in is down, ok if there's no trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Always found if the Field day specials are on the trade in is down, ok if there's no trade in.
    Not considering a trade in, what we have is worth running into the ground for what I'd get for it

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Not considering a trade in, what we have is worth running into the ground for what I'd get for it
    Good call. Had been almost considering offering you a wee premium on whatever pittance you'd get offered for a trade-in on the outback, and doing that running into the ground myself if you liked the idea.
    223nut likes this.

MSL
    The 'fielddays deals' in the north island generally start a month prior and go for a while after.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    The 'fielddays deals' in the north island generally start a month prior and go for about 11 months after.
    Fixed
    Pointer, 199p, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

MSL
    Yeah pretty much

Holden’s doing a really good deal on Colorado’s at the moment. Picked up a 4x4 ltz for 47k couple weeks ago. Free servicing for 3 years too. A demo was more expensive than a brand new one

Quote Originally Posted by Sika Seeker View Post
    A demo was more expensive than a brand new one
    They seem to throw all the bells and whistles on the demos, side steps, nudge bar, different tyre/rims etc. Why can't they justleave it factory and them you know what your driving. Was thinking of waiting for an ex demo but this is good adviceaying it may not be worth it

They seem to throw all the bells and whistles on the demos, side steps, nudge bar, different tyre/rims etc. Why can't they justleave it factory and them you know what your driving. Was thinking of waiting for an ex demo but this is good adviceaying it may not be worth it
    Although If you are buying new then all those things you want add up and you get on "road costs" added. Exdemos usually do have most of the things you might be after and whne you actually figure it out may be slightly more expensive than "new" but less than "new with all the goodies you wanted", sometimes
    for example here it the quote for the Hilux we never brought,
    Name:  Hilux.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  66.4 KB
    We were also given a price 49K for a 2017 Hilux with 8,000 on the clock but still need to buy a canopy and towbar
    We ended up with a 2016 Colorado LTZ with 11K on the clock, balance of factory warrenty/servicing
    Name:  truck.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  46.3 KB
    madjon_, Munsey, JoshC and 2 others like this.
    Let dogs lead the way

It's amazing how it adds up, triton gls x starts at 33K and ends up at 45k with gst on roads and the bits I want added on, who buys a ute without a towbar
    veitnamcam likes this.

It's amazing how it adds up, triton gls x starts at 33K and ends up at 45k with gst on roads and the bits I want added on, who buys a ute without a towbar
    yeah I asked the salesman that very question and he said why would you want/need one?

All those "extras" are the things that really jack the price up quick, its just like buying boats

I once priced up a new boat. I asked for turn key/drive away price and yet the quote was priced at hull with option of " motor " and "trailer" and it was a trailer boat ffs so how can a trailer be a bloody option ditto on the motor especially as there was no way to row or sail it
    Let dogs lead the way

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    its how the suck the money out of you.nice price to get you in the door then add on the extras slowly so you don't realise the price is skyrocketing then offer some finance deal so you think that you are getting a bargain still.thats why people are buying fotons and mahindras as by the time you get all the extras you still save $20k plus on a ford or Toyota and you don't cry as much when it ends up down the bank or in a tree.
    You probably would still cry when the insurance company paid you out what they determine to be current market value.
    199p, kiwijames and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    You probably would still cry when the insurance company paid you out what they determine to be current market value.
    Also I think if I were to have a whoopsie in a ute I would rather it be a Toyota, Ford, Mazda or Holden or similar as I personally think I would be more likely to be around to make that claim??
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    Let dogs lead the way

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    its how the suck the money out of you.nice price to get you in the door then add on the extras slowly so you don't realise the price is skyrocketing then offer some finance deal so you think that you are getting a bargain still.thats why people are buying fotons and mahindras as by the time you get all the extras you still save $20k plus on a ford or Toyota and you don't cry as much when it ends up down the bank or in a tree.
    Mahindra
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds