Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Fish city boats

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    As long as I can wash the deterrent away once your gone, your on
    Pretty sure it is just me. My son seems to have no trouble catching snaps when I am in the boat.😆

I hadn't caught a salmon for a couple years but got rid of that curse this year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    From memory these hulls are made by Kingfisher Boats under contract. Kingfisher (AKA Alloy Cats NZ @ The Mount) build quality stuff.
    Beaker likes this.

Thanks for that.
    I was quite impressed with the quality and standard features of the fc boats. Just can't find many reviews etc
    I like the idea of the split front back ballast system.

The Surtees for some reason I just don't really like. Good / great reviews, but seem a bit agricultural.
    Make sure u get on all of em and check them out properly is all I can say! Take them out for test rides too. If money isn't an issue, take a look at the extreme game king 610, good ballast system (not as good as surtees). Sides are also wider on the surtees, (awesome feature!). Game King has an awesome ride, is very stable, and is absolutely beautiful. if I had a barcrusher 6.1 and a game king 610 side by side and I could choose one for free, id pick the game king. However in real life it just doesnt have the same value as something like a second hand surtees or FC.

Cheers
    Beaker likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Thanks all. Some interesting points.

The next question is - what motor?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93

Yammy 4 stroke. I have a merc 4 stroke and it goes well so far. No issues.
    But always liked Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Yammie, Merc, etec, Honda etc.. they're all solid motors. Had an etec 50hp 2007 two stroke on our old Ramco. Awesome motor, started up first time EVERY time. Like u would leave it for 6 months in winter and not start it once, then first trip out in summer it starts up first turn of the key.. Power was there too. Very quiet as well.

We now have a 90hp two stroke Yamaha 2010 and it always takes a couple of turns to get it started form cold and much louder but very reliable motor nonetheless.

Never have had any troubles with these motors in 8+ years of fishing. Get an etec if you can, they are just awesome from my experience. Any other well known reliable brand will do just fine too, main question you should be asking is what HP
    Beaker likes this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

I've got one of the early Honda 4 strokes (1996) and it hasn't missed a beat. Fantastic efficiency and power, not as quiet as the newer models but I'm bloody happy with it. When it eventually does go I'll look at a Suzuki DF140 because they have the best power to weight ratio as far as I can gather and they've got a good rep amongst the service techs I've spoken to.
    Freezer and Beaker like this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

I have a 2 stroke 50hp merc, brought brand new and always starts to. Only have had one issue, after leaving it storage for 4 years (yes I know...) in that the starter motor brushes seized, ie the gunk around them prevented the spring from pushing them onto the armature, easy fix - end off and brakeclean....
    Heaps of power, quiet, etc....

As for horse power, LOTS -what ever weight rating of boat for Max HP. Just because it's there you don't have to use it, but when needed it's great to have a bit
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I have a DF140, I think its pretty good on gas and feels very torquey starts easy even when freezing cold.
    Also, +1 for fitting the max power your boat is rated for if it fits your budget.
    Beaker and TheJanitar like this.

On the subject of motor I think it is prudent to pick a horsepower and then look at the spec of that motor and the ones above and below in rating in each brand you may consider.
    Weight,cc,connectivity,price,things included do vary a lot between brands and horsepower ratings.
    Often the same outboard will be produced in 2 or 3 horsepower ratings in the same size weight cc, if looking to well power your boat I would be looking for the max horsepower in a range/block/cc size as it will generally be under-stressed being well powered anyway.
    Beaker likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Are you looking for the southern based boat......

I'll tell you what, you buy one and tell me how it handles the Grey bar with a " bit " of chop, an south set, and if it does that average or better I'll buy one for the north based boat (as from what I've seen, the NI bars are sort of flat/easy/maybe one hand hold on sort of events..... )

They look a sharp boat though. But not 100% convinced yet......
    I don't think you have been over the Patea bar then.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    I don't think you have been over the Patea bar then.

You're correct I haven't.

But I have been over the Grey a few times in various boats/ships and also my grandad remains there to (never found him). I may/do appreciate the sea a fare bit.

My post was a bit of piss take to the hoki man, the north island certainly has some nasty barstard bars, that I'm not personally familiar with - yet.

All good

Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    All good

I aiming for the beginning of summer for the new boat, and when I get it you can show me the Patea, and we will go fishing and hopefully you not a fish dis tractant like r93

Nothing like local knowledge. And no piss take in that. Or the fishing

Yea sure can have a look at the Senator 620 HT awesome boat I've had that and a 560 both great boats.

Beaker and Danny like this.