Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Fish city boats

Fucken funny. Seas flat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    pepper123 likes this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Oh yes there is, 5052 is commonly touted as "Marine grade" but even the nz manufacturer does not rate it for continuous immersion in salt water, it is also soft as butter when compared with the likes of 5083 which really must be pressed with a radius bar to prevent cracking.
    Sorry dude but your douche lord problem is that I build these vessels daily , and all sizes come and go throughout the year that I work on wether they are Tinnys or moored charter vessels. You might sound like a super expert to the other guys but realistically you don't build or work on these boats ? What you read on google are paragraphs from other encyclopaedia experts. It's marine grade so please don't overload your brain. They all weld like garbage after being in salt water reguardless if they are 1 or 20 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Fucken funny. Seas flat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's been a long road with mr Vietnam I tell ya . Please don't give up hope for him

Quote Originally Posted by pepper123 View Post
    Sorry dude but your douche lord problem is that I build these vessels daily , and all sizes come and go throughout the year that I work on wether they are Tinnys or moored charter vessels. You might sound like a super expert to the other guys but realistically you don't build or work on these boats ? What you read on google are paragraphs from other encyclopaedia experts. It's marine grade so please don't overload your brain. They all weld like garbage after being in salt water reguardless if they are 1 or 20 years old

What ever you like mate you are the expert after all.
    pepper123 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What ever you like mate you are the expert after all.
    I beg you're pardon young w

Nothing like watching two grown adults (I assume) fail to tolerate another's differing opinion...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I beg you're pardon young w

Im not sure what you are getting at doctor pepper?
    I am not a boat builder and never said I was.
    I dont need an encyclopedia to tell me 5052 is soft and not very corrosion resistant my last 25 years working full time with all sorts of materials tells me that.
    Not only people who have done their trade as an alloy boat builder work with alloy (I assume that you have from your condescending tone)
    I dont have any hate for it it has its place, I am building my own dingy from it because it is easy to work,cheap, and is fit for purpose,but if I was shelling out in the region of 100k or 1M or 100M for a boat wouldn't you be a complete fuckwit NOT to find out what it will be built with?
    gadgetman, Munsey and mikee like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I think an apology from you may be in order young fella. Personal abuse has no place here.

In my experience I'd actually favour VC's knowledge over yours because of his line of work over many, many years. He generally works on the trickier stuff rather than the production line stuff which tends to be much easier. This really does show the difference in material properties.
    Barefoot, Munsey, mikee and 2 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!