Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Glow Plug life cycle???; 2001 Ford Courier XLT 2.5 turbo

Definitely normal, did it on my 2001 Courier and 2004 Bounty.

You only need to replace one at a time as they blow, just take the conducting bar thingy off that connects them all, get a test light and hook it up to the positive terminal and then each glow plug terminal, the one that doesn't light the test light up is the stuffed one. Replacing them all is just throwing money away, no matter what theory the shop tells you.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    They're probably easier to replace though, haven't had time to seize. Just undo the wingnuts
    Had a '98 courier, chewed through plugs. Foolishly and knowingly used a less than ideal tool to hurriedly change them, snapped one off. It's still there six years later.
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, Tommy and 1 others like this.

It's a Mazord/Foda. Do the right thing. You wouldn't let any other dog suffer like that.

kotuku and Boaraxa like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

MSL
    It's done about 450,000km now and won't die, has a hard life to.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    It's done about 450,000km now and won't die, has a hard life to.
    A bit like my old van. Ran it with no oil for a year in an attempt to kill it. Damned thing still wouldn't give up. Was like tarry chewing gum in the sump, no liquid.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Don't you have a Mitsi Gadget?
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

Mines done 494,000, I don't baby it either but keep fresh oil and filters (oil/diesel) up to it and it still goes bloody good, eats the 1kz hilux Utes we have on the farm easy too. Bought it off my dads buddy who is a diesel mechanic and originally bought it new to travel from chch to the mines on the coast daily which is where the bulk of the kms come from. Has an alloy radiator in it which has probably prolonged its life and gearbox was rebuilt at 370kms when I got it, no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
    7mmsaum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Don't you have a Mitsi Gadget?
    You're absolutely right. I don't. My current wagon is an Isuzu. The van was a Hiace.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You're absolutely right. I don't. My current wagon is an Isuzu. The van was a Hiace.
    Well at ease then

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Well at ease then
    Stand easy.
    Gibo likes this.

gadget jesus wept youre gettin more like me everyday.i think its cause you live in an all fillies stable and youre startin to realise,the only time youre gonna be out front is when its time to hoist the wallet out when one of the fillies decides to change stables.that gtimerider tho-she could be a little problematic -if the gunsafes not big enough or wrong 4x4 -hes down the road!