Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Goodyear vs maxxis

Goodyear vs maxxis

Like the old saying goes, if you dont know or can’t decide ask the form….

Need new shoes for the ute. I have narrowed it down to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac or the Maxxis Razr AT811. There is only $10-20 difference so i am looking for the good bad and ugly opinions on both.

Cheers Team 😄

Have you also looked at falken wildpeaks? We switched to those at work on our hiluxes. Really quiet, get 90,000k out of them and heaps of traction off road.
    Price was really good too.
    Carbine, Dreamer, Gkp and 1 others like this.

just got a great deal on coopers krom KATS in rolleston, comes with free rotations every 6 months and pretty sure its 100,000 km warranty.
    TianBotha likes this.

I would buy Coopers if the bloody local agent would answer the bloody phone or reply to bloody messages left on their answerphone
    Sika stag, Micky Duck and Jukes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    I would buy Coopers if the bloody local agent would answer the bloody phone or reply to bloody messages left on their answerphone
    quite the opposite for me, i went to my local tyre/wof guy but he couldnt get coopers in. went to a shop i knew where i had many punctures repaired and they ran thru my choices. i said the mrs wanted coopers and they said they had them in stock at 380 each. this included fitting, balancing and disposal of the old tyres ( under 25k and well stuffed)
    2 days later drove out with a new set, went back at xmas for free rotation and balance check all free of charge
    Micky Duck, BSA270 and XR500 like this.

Have the Duratracs on my Pajero.
    Good on the road, fantastic in gravel, pretty decent in mud or on the beach.
    Are a bit noisy though.

No experience of Maxxis.

Have only heard good things about the Falken Wildpeaks.

Wouldn't go back to Coopers after the experience on the work vehicles we had. Gravel roads with coarse chip and rotten rock chewed them out in short order, shredded them. Turns out that that specific roading material isn't warrantied. They have a very deep tread depth, one way to get the extra mileage off them but on one vehicle it really threw the speedo out of whack. Others not to bad.

Have used both Goodyear and Maxxis though, reasonable run out of both. Rated the Hankook's higher but can't get that pattern any more and the newer version hasn't performed the same plus is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidey31 View Post
    Forum will confuse you even more, now you more choices and even harder to decide

Quote Originally Posted by Hidey31 View Post

Need new shoes for the ute. I have narrowed it down to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac or the Maxxis Razr AT811. There is only $10-20 difference so i am looking for the good bad and ugly opinions on both.

Cheers Team
    Maxxis Razr AT811 are a fantastic tyre mate for everything you want be disappointed.
    Great on the road and bloody fantastic for everything off road.
    We've been using them for a long time on all our vechiles.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BRADS; 15-04-2024 at 12:02 PM.

I’ve got a set on my hilux, awesome tyres. 55k so far and still plenty of life
    Falken wild peaks that is
    Dreamer and BushChook like this.

Have just gone through this and chose the Maxxis atz. Falken wild peaks a close second but liked the slightly more aggressive tread of Maxxis.

Wouldn't touch cooper's again due to wearing really quickly.

Sister just had a bad run on Goodyears, side wall punctures but believe they have know been upgraded to 10ply walls.

So far love the Maxxis on the road, went pretty well on wet clay farm track but havnt tried anything harder yet.

Replaced bfg's with Maxxis Razor MTs. So far wearing well and quieter on road and seem much the same as bfg mts off road. No complaints so far.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Basher View Post
    I’ve got a set on my hilux, awesome tyres. 55k so far and still plenty of life
    Falken wild peaks that is
    2nd that vote for the Falken Wildpeaks, 50,000 ks so far on the triton and still plenty of life left. Good traction off road and quiet on the highway.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Will not ever touch cooper's again , had onna Navarra and 70 series cruiser. Slippy as when wet. Hankook OK. I love bfg. Haven't tried maxis myself but western power uses it for all their offroad capable vehicles

Maxxis on my truck so that's my vote

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!