Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Govt Announcement on EV versus petrol today

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    Do the ev cars get here on ev boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My workplace uses reams and reams of `Carbon neutral paper`.....from Australia
    Not sure how it gets here, but I am sure it doesnt swim.
    Was pondering this whole carbon BS whilst driving around Port Nelson all night, looking at the huge plumes of black shit spewing from cargo vessels
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

All goods and trade services costs will escalate; builders loggers boat builders goods retail and wholesale food fishing transport most recreation couriers earthworks contractors etc. Lower and fixed income and superannuants on barely enough savings and income may well be driven into inactivity snd isolation both because of fuel and heating costs travel costs and inability to afford replacement vehicles that will allow living a continuation of their NORMAL lifestyle and social interactions. Rates are exploding and soon gov t will control water as well as fuel and likely power also.
    To be frank, I think these impositions are going to be very destructive of our economy and health and wellbeing.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    My workplace uses reams and reams of `Carbon neutral paper`.....from Australia
    Not sure how it gets here, but I am sure it doesnt swim.
    Was pondering this whole carbon BS whilst driving around Port Nelson all night, looking at the huge plumes of black shit spewing from cargo vessels
    They will all be wind and solar powered soon or wont be allowed into the country........If you thought freight was slow and expensive post covid lookout for the future.

https://tenor.com/6rFK.gif
    Pengy likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    They will all be wind and solar powered soon or wont be allowed into the country........If you thought freight was slow and expensive post covid lookout for the future.

https://tenor.com/6rFK.gif
    I dont care if they use Fart power, so long as it takes less than 29 minutes to explain to the skipper about anchoring and pilots etc
    Woody likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I dont care if they use Fart power, so long as it takes less than 29 minutes to explain to the skipper about anchoring and pilots etc
    I would hope a skipper doesn't need any explanations about anchoring and pilots.
    7mmwsm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I would hope a skipper doesn't need any explanations about anchoring and pilots.
    Then live in hope my friend
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    before we get to far into it...now I'm no expert but did they do any research on how many people can actually go out right now and buy a new car?? I've never owned one and am likely never will I have higher priorities than owning a new car when a second hand one will do me just fine...
    Ha! Now don't you start throwing common sense around willy nilly!

Yip. In 60 plus years, have never felt the need to spend more than 12K on a car.

Bulldozer, tractor....now that's a different story
    Danger Mouse and Happy Jack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    All goods and trade services costs will escalate; builders loggers boat builders goods retail and wholesale food fishing transport most recreation couriers earthworks contractors etc. Lower and fixed income and superannuants on barely enough savings and income may well be driven into inactivity snd isolation both because of fuel and heating costs travel costs and inability to afford replacement vehicles that will allow living a continuation of their NORMAL lifestyle and social interactions. Rates are exploding and soon gov t will control water as well as fuel and likely power also.
    To be frank, I think these impositions are going to be very destructive of our economy and health and wellbeing.
    "You will own nothing and you will be happy"

Get with the program guys....
    And prepare yourself for all the happiness
    Growlybear likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

I see that what is filling in as for us as a Government until a real one comes along, has announced today that it is giving rebates to purchasers of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles starting July 1, with up to $8625 for new vehicles and $3450 for used.

A link........ Nah. stuff it, tiny url has been misbehaving today so copy and paste this into THE ADDRESS ENTRY FIELD of your browser.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...ars/ar-AAKYUKn

HOWEVER......"Importantly the policy only applies to new and used cars arriving in New Zealand, so the existing second-hand market of cars that lower income families tend to purchase from will not be affected," says some pointless government minister.

So buy second hand stuff coming into NEW ZEALAND and get a rebate , but buy the same thing that is already here........Nah nothing

ALSO, I understand that the top rebate of $8625 only applies to purchases over $80,000........

The way I read it no rebates over $80000 value .
    I guess if you can afford $80000 you don't need a rebate .
    Mind you if you can afford anything worth 60000 I wouldn't have thought a rebate necessary either....
    That said none of my vehicles in the last 30 yrs have been worth more than 10 and I needed a loan to purchase them....
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Owner of EV City in CHCH says the rebate is a waste of time because all it will do is put the price of EV’s up because they know NZ gets a rebate. So it will be “cost neutral” but not the way the govt wants it.
    That figures, was the same deal with govt subsidised insulation and heatpumps when I was getting quotes on that a few years back. Bigger firms with the govt subsidy seemed to quote $1000 higher, 'take off' a $500 subsidy and still be $500 more expensive than a smaller business without the subsidy.
    veitnamcam and Fawls like this.

Yes naturally each marque will up the price of the ev part of the range to cover the tax on the non ev part of the range....which they will have also increased price on to cover tax.

Thinking of becoming a rickshaw, soon to be very lucrative.

First electric ship:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Yara_Birkeland

And that s for the green cars:
    Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  242.2 KB

If you want to fight it, sign the petition:
    https://www.taxpayers.org.nz/cartax