Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Govt Announcement on EV versus petrol today

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    I see that what is filling in as for us as a Government until a real one comes along, has announced today that it is giving rebates to purchasers of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles starting July 1, with up to $8625 for new vehicles and $3450 for used.

A link........ Nah. stuff it, tiny url has been misbehaving today so copy and paste this into THE ADDRESS ENTRY FIELD of your browser.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...ars/ar-AAKYUKn

HOWEVER......"Importantly the policy only applies to new and used cars arriving in New Zealand, so the existing second-hand market of cars that lower income families tend to purchase from will not be affected," says some pointless government minister.

So buy second hand stuff coming into NEW ZEALAND and get a rebate , but buy the same thing that is already here........Nah nothing

ALSO, I understand that the top rebate of $8625 only applies to purchases over $80,000........
    In fact the amount of the rebate is LESS than the GST on it already so it is not 'costing ' them a cent. Especially when you consider it effectively doubles the gst on ICE vehicles imported which outnumber the electric ones by more than 10:1

So to clarify , 9 out of 10 cars will have about 10% added in tax, and the remaining 1 out of 10 will get a reduced GST component.....(they will give you part of the GST you have already paid back- but not all of it....) That is a TAX not a rebate. No new taxes.....What a load of shit.....
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

We have lots of trees. Why don't we catch all the carbon and use it to make pencil leads, build a big pencil factory (jobs, jobs,jobs) selling them to the world
    outlander likes this.

It was the Farmers that , voted Lab ( over NAt/Act ) , on the idea to keep the Greens out , and give Labour the ability to Govern with out the Green influence , and that was not well thought thru , but they did it anyway , ONLY good side , is hopefully they will NOT vote that way ever again , Yeah right .

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Considering the Greens are just an ‘also ran’ and not a ruling party they seem to have far too much to say on topics like this.
    Didn't they have a few weeks of 'secret' discussions with the horse after the election. Musta been sorted out then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    It was the Farmers that , voted Lab ( over NAt/Act ) , on the idea to keep the Greens out , and give Labour the ability to Govern with out the Green influence , and that was not well thought thru , but they did it anyway , ONLY good side , is hopefully they will NOT vote that way ever again , Yeah right .
    I hear this a lot, I'm a Farmer and dont know any Farmers that voted Labour. Denial perhaps
    Nationals climate policy seems on the same page as Labours though.
    Dago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    All those Labour voting farmers must live near you, I don't know any up this way.
    CATLINS HUNTER and XR500 like this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Like the recycled energiser batteries, they manage to recycle 4% yep 4%, shit you may as well bury the lot?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Banned
    Plenty of greedy townies shit their pants at the mention of the the wealth tax and to my disgust I know of more than a couple of the mentally and morally challenged fuckwits that did vote for the communists in order to keep the other communists out.
    They ain't farmers
    Dago likes this.

Toyota has called out the PM for telling porkys and spreading misinformation.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/125...-electric-utes
    tetawa, Happy Jack and Ftx325 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    So they intend penalsing all of us on low incomes to subsidise the rich. Bloody great.
    @Woody, when was the last time you bought a new vehicle or a late-model used vehicle ?

These policies are for new imports only. If you are trying to make the link between them and a price increase for older model used cars, I think you are stretching reality a bit...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    @Woody, when was the last time you bought a new vehicle or a late-model used vehicle ?

These policies are for new imports only. If you are trying to make the link between them and a price increase for older model used cars, I think you are stretching reality a bit...
    .....Subsidize the cost of a new vehicle....it will be cheaper....make the existing alternative more scarce.... it will be more expensive... not a long bow to draw.
    Interestingly, there is commentary that suggests imported EV's (new or second hand) will increase in price as the importer/manufacturer/(whatever other clip of the ticket on the way through...) knows the end result is subsidized....

Never had a new nor a near new vehicle @ebf. I have no objection to an ideal towards less pollution however I have strong objection to any additional levy or tax on those of us in the community who of nescessity must continue to use the vehicles we have. I also believe the inevitable costs to many occupations, self employed and trades persons including the bulk of our primary industry personnel and retail suppliers will be passed down to consumers. There are many people in parts of NZ already struggling to support their families and they will be further placed at risk, and very unfairly and unjustifiably.
    tetawa likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Meanwhile it's one way to push pause on EV sales, buyers holding off for the upcoming green cash handback.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventy Six View Post
    I hear this a lot, I'm a Farmer and dont know any Farmers that voted Labour. Denial perhaps
    Nationals climate policy seems on the same page as Labours though.
    Well, either a whole bunch of rural folk voted red, or they simply did not vote at all.

Rural electorates that have been National stongholds for decades have all turned red... Otaki and Wairarapa for crying out loud...
    erniec likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

So where has this Government's 'R"'word gone.....?

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that we needed to work harder to raise 'resilient' teens, a 'resilient' economy, a 'resilient' fucking everything!

But seems that doesn't apply to personal/small business/rural transport. How fucking 'resilient' is a Prius, or a Leaf, or any vehicle of that ilk!

Anyone else wonder how those who owned Ev's and needed to bolt from their houses in the last lot of serious wildfires in California got on? From recollection some locales had been without power for some days, 'cos as a consequence of their litigious environment the electrical distribution businesses turned off the power to mitigate potential claims from causing wildfires in strong winds?

Clealy 'resilience' doesn't matter any longer.....