Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hilux airbag light

Hilux airbag light

Hi all. I have a 2006 Kun26 hilux and Have just failed my wof due to the airbag light staying on. I replaced my seatbelt at the last warrant and the light came on a couple days later (so has been on for a year.). I’ve checked the sensor plug on the seatbelt. My mechanic scanned it and it comes up with a center airbag sensor assembly code but he says it could be a number of things. Has anyone had the same issue?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

clock spring is quite common, has he tried clearing it?

DTC B1801 is the spiral cable fault. Very common
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Took it to another mechanic who scanned it and has come back as the seatbelt sensor is faulting. Which makes sense as it happened shortly after a seatbelt replacement. Unfortunately the genuine Toyota seatbelt that cost me $360 only has a 6month warranty�� . Currently waiting on a new seatbelt so hopefully I get some joy.

Quote the Consumer Guarantees Act to their face: Goods have to be 'reasonably durable. A seatbelt plus ancillaries should last longer than 6 months. FFS my 30 year old Nissan still has the original ones installed.
    tetawa, Ned, m101a1 and 1 others like this.

Probably find its been under water and loom or ecu fault

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaki bushman View Post
    Took it to another mechanic who scanned it and has come back as the seatbelt sensor is faulting. Which makes sense as it happened shortly after a seatbelt replacement. Unfortunately the genuine Toyota seatbelt that cost me $360 only has a 6month warranty�� . Currently waiting on a new seatbelt so hopefully I get some joy.
    I could be wrong but the seatbelt sensor I'd of thought is connected to the seatbelt buckle(?) rather than the seatbelt itself.
    I drowned mine in February and literally stripped the interior out including seats, belts and sensors and the main srs computer to dry it out and all it required was an auto sparkie to clear a couple of faults to reset the airbag light.. Probably a certain amount of luck thats all it needed to be fair..

As mentioned the clock spring/spiral cable is a very common cause for common cause too.

Unless its got a pre tensioner belt in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
    I could be wrong but the seatbelt sensor I'd of thought is connected to the seatbelt buckle(?) rather than the seatbelt itself.
    I drowned mine in February and literally stripped the interior out including seats, belts and sensors and the main srs computer to dry it out and all it required was an auto sparkie to clear a couple of faults to reset the airbag light.. Probably a certain amount of luck thats all it needed to be fair..

As mentioned the clock spring/spiral cable is a very common cause for common cause too.
    You mean you didn't follow the LTNZ advice and have the vehicle professionally assessed by an insurance assessor (and written off)? Ye gads man, repair a 4x4 that got wet? Surely not!
    pennyless likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    You mean you didn't follow the LTNZ advice and have the vehicle professionally assessed by an insurance assessor (and written off)? Ye gads man, repair a 4x4 that got wet? Surely not!
    No, I had silly me, I had it assessed by actual practicing mechanics and auto sparky..

Only lasting damage was my pride...

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaki bushman View Post
    Toyota genuine parts carry a 2yr/unlimited ks warranty if fitted by a Toyota workshop.

You said the belt had just been replaced?
    For it to of failed in such a short time frame I highly suspect whoever it was that fitted it didn't follow procedures or didn't carry out the work properly.
    They just don't fail like that.

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    Unless its got a pre tensioner belt in it.
    Yes it will be a pretensioner type

Ok that will be the issue then. I didn’t think it was an overly complicated job so I swapped it out myself, followed a YouTube video along. Couldn’t justify taking it to Toyota I called them up to see if they would scan the problem and the lovely girl said it would be between 240 and 340$ just to scan it.

Holy shit we are to cheap

Ned
    Is it like 240 if they have a solid week of bookings and 340 if they have some empty slots and don't want to be short of revenue for the week?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk