Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: HUNTING WAGON

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Good times to be had in that Graeme
    Remember the old Combi Van Rushy. I am sure half of the worlds Hippie Children were conceived in one of them.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Love troopies and would love to get my mits on one!
    There have obviously been a few brought in. I don't know the economics of it but there would be a choice of troopies to choose from.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I had a Kombie. a Devon conversion 1973. Cool surf wagon and comfortable. One weekend I took it hunting as the normal hunting wagon was out of action. Any way the dogs got a good pig, and I chucked it up into the compartment above the motor. Next weekend my wife and I were surfing down the East Cape when she asked me what was this thing crawling in her hair. oopssie's no more using the kombie for hunting under any circumstance's. lol
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I love Troopys.. purchased this one on trademe a few years back but the owner decided he could not part with it. I was not impressed. I had big plans for its resurrection as a full on camper
    Name:  6ebe_1.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  21.7 KBName:  66e0_1.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  21.9 KB
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    I love Troopys.. purchased this one on trademe a few years back but the owner decided he could not part with it. I was not impressed. I had big plans for its resurrection as a full on camper
    Attachment 27069Attachment 27070
    Would have been good 'twoshot'. We saw ours and decided we must have it. Got the measurements from the sellers. 'Vehicle To long' No problem extend Garage.

Then find garage roof nearly rusted through '8 metres from high tide line' Put new roof on garage.

Buy vehicle then find seller has given us wrong height measurement and it wont fit in the Garage. Really pissed now, so hack two bloody great wheel tracks through the concrete floor and re-concrete them. Calculations not the best and I find the roof of camper van still gently touches roller door. So then I think when I buy new tyres for it might have to dig the concrete up again.

Now too demoralized to think about that. Cant afford to buy food and am surviving on last years venison and fish.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    How much work involved in lifting the door? Shouldn't take much that a saw couldn't whittle down, or is it also touching the rafters?
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    How much work involved in lifting the door? Shouldn't take much that a saw couldn't whittle down, or is it also touching the rafters?
    Door up as high as it will go GA. Not a mill of adjustment to be gained anywhere. As it was I had to get another section of door made to fill the gap as the floor sloped down.

Real problem is pig headidness. Wife said forget the idea it wont fit in the garage. I said I will make the Garage fit it.
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.

It'll fit Scribe

Name:  imagesCAFFXHHR.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  3.9 KB
    gadgetman and Toby like this.

Ejected
    Let the tires down a bit when parking up in the garage?
    7mmsaum and veitnamcam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Door up as high as it will go GA. Not a mill of adjustment to be gained anywhere. As it was I had to get another section of door made to fill the gap as the floor sloped down.

Real problem is pig headidness. Wife said forget the idea it wont fit in the garage. I said I will make the Garage fit it.
    Put the net out the night before, fire up the Barbie, I will bring this machine so long as you organise someone to hang onto it...job be done in no time
    Name:  IMG_1236.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  425.8 KB
    Gibo likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Cut the shed around the bottom jack her up and build up a wall from the bottom?
    7mmsaum likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Let the tires down a bit when parking up in the garage?
    Might have to do that when I put new tires on her. What a pain having to pump them up. I have got used to using her as a second vehicle.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Put the net out the night before, fire up the Barbie, I will bring this machine so long as you organise someone to hang onto it...job be done in no time
    Attachment 27173
    Just come up I will put the net out, we will drink beer, eat fish and tell lies. I have dug up the last concrete I am going to dig.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Cut the shed around the bottom jack her up and build up a wall from the bottom?
    Two walls are concrete block and the third is stonework. God don't come up with anymore suggestions Toby I will have to get another panel built for the roller door then.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Might have to do that when I put new tires on her. What a pain having to pump them up. I have got used to using her as a second vehicle.
    Yeah would be a nightmare if it is getting used regularly. Think I will have the same issue with my new toy.