Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I want one

Wirehunt likes this.

I'VE GOT A 2004 Suzi 4WD, manual ,hi-low, never been stuck yet, and that little motor pulls a ton of gravel no sweat
    dannyb likes this.

Google Black Bison Suzuki !!!..... Man that looks bloody awesome!!!

Great breakover angle. Would like to try one out off road at some point.

And on the subject of "I want one".... a completely different vehicle, something I ordinarily wouldn't be interested in at all.

Just got back from a month in the UK, hired a "compact" class, Ford Focus or similar it said on the booking.

Got given a silver Vauxhall (Holden) Astra, I didn't pay any attention to the spec, just got in and drove off.

What I gleefully discovered was that it was the SRi, so a top spec 1.6 turbo, 147kw, 6 speed manual. The sport button was a proper increase in boost and man did it fly, properly quick, Focus ST quick. Trick diff, clever traction control.

Did 3200 miles, got 42mpg (5.6 L/100km) from point of hire to the day I returned it, inclusive of lots of rather "spirited" driving in Scotland in particular. But its not a hard, "performance" ride at all, very comfy on long motorway stints, was a pleasure to drive all day. Lots of clever things like lane assist as well.

The car is a real sleeper, the only exterior hint that its pretty quick is a tiny SRi badge and twin tail pipes. So I didn't look like a wanabee twat, but I sure as hell surprised the fuckwit Beemer tailgaters in the Highlands when the road opened up. Thinking of overtaking me? Think again.

So yeah, half the price of a Golf GTi and heaps of fun.
    gadgetman likes this.
    Just...say...the...word

Correction: I used the US MPG calculator by mistake. The 42mpg is 6.7 L/100km, not 5.6.
    Just...say...the...word