Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ideas on frewza pontoon boats

I had a 3m naiad ail hull inflatable with a 15 on it got along ok with 2 of us, a rod each and a bit of bait but with 3 it wouldn't plane
    my little tinny I had before that with the same motor used to fly with 3 and the naiad was lighter
    I think its because the pontoons dig into the water preventing enough speed build up to start planeing once it was up on the plane it was sweet getting it there was the problem
    I think that problem happens with ail pontoon boats as well which is why you see most of them have a bigger motor than is normally needed for the size of boat

Owned two frewza 4.2 tillers upgraded to hsd, good with 30 hp 3 people no probs once permatrim fitted.Look on fishing website under boat shed then frewza bboats some3 good discussion there. Get keel strip amd maybe 4mm hull for rocks. Good boats never felt unsafe in them.

Yip, like your thinking, I am going to get the same sized Frewza in the not too distant future hopefully!

I have been out on one here in Welly and I know 2 guys with them, perfect boat for inshore around Wellington, plus easy to launch at Makara and get it across the creek on most tides.

Well priced too, there was a nice one for sale in Nelson on Trade Me last week for $11K that was well spec'd.

there is a 100+ page discussion on those frewza boats on the nz fishing forum
    Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats - The Fishing Website Forums - Page 10

seriously concidered getting one myself, but ended up going second hand because of a deal on a 5.2 senator
    highly reccomend getting a pontoon hull they are the bees knees. safety and stability at rest, in saying that mines fine in the chop too. bit slappy but what boat under 6m isnt

allways look to go more powerful, all the guys with 30hp motors are disoppointed when they put a few people on them and very few would be beach launching, so you would be far better suited to a more grunty motor
    more cost yes but it means you get auto tilt and so on witch is nice to have

the more i look at it the more im leaning towards getting a 4.5m+ ish boat with a decent powered outboard, especially for the price im gonna have to pay might aswell get a good one.
    puku likes this.

was that a small blue cod he fed the Albatros?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    that boat looks great, shame theyre 20k+. i was thinking of getting one of their f14 dinghys and putting a front or console in it myself. should still be nice and light for beach launching etc.