Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Light bar location?

Name:  560E07F0-DD6A-4176-9F3B-D20719B5C39C.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  4.79 MB
    I set this one up between my bullbar posts and has worked really well . It’s the third stedi lightbar I’ve had any they’ve all been bloody good. I found it’s best to get their wiring kit and then redo the wiring with better/thicker wire and heat shrink . The previous model hilus was in the same place and the 03 non turbo has one in same place but is susceptible to vibrations from the motor if not mounted well , I used tractor tube under the brackets to help with the vibration.
    Moa Hunter and Joe_90 like this.

Genuine question and not being smart, why do you think the wiring needs upgrading? Surely the guys at stedi have figured out all that sort of thing? Almost defeats the purpose of buying their wiring kit apart from connectors etc

Their wiring kit is pretty average but it provides all the connectors and is quick to install and get working. Their products are very reasonably priced and you’ll see how flimsy the wiring kit is if you order one.

I had a light bar mounted in the grille on a Ranger
    Worked really well and easy to fit
    Still have the bracket and light if someone keen on it
    Name:  69602CD1-25A6-4303-8E84-15581E8C7E75.jpeg
Views: 245
Size:  122.4 KB
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Walking my rifle
    How do you run the cable for the guys who mount them on the front roofrack above the front doors?
    If you can't kill it with bullets, dont f*ck with it.

LBD
    For those too young to have seen this the first time around.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    rugerman, 308, 6x47 and 5 others like this.

Ended up just bolting it on the bonnet. In front of the fake air scoop on 12mm rubber to help give some vibration isolation.

Name:  20220720_003234.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  889.7 KB
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Light bar well protected on bullbars,really lights up the river beds.Only runs on high beam on main head lights.Can be independently switched off from main lights,switch on dash.Took my son n law and i about a hour to fit.Name:  20220727_082350.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  967.8 KB
    rugerman and Joe_90 like this.

I thought on the roof was illegal to use on the road.

I have mine mounted on the roof, separate switch, WOF passed as a work light. WOF centre told me its illegal to use them on open road.
    Right enough, mine is 200w, so I pick up road signs at 2km and white lines out to 1km.
    rugerman and Joe_90 like this.

Figure of speech - yes illegal for road use hence switch is fitted seperate from car lights. Led bars and spot lights and are for 'off road' use not highway use otherwise you will blind the hell out of other drivers far worst than high beam setting. Though saying that, no doubt some people are using there led's on roads when they shouldn't. The whole purpose of fitting them is for greater visibility for off road to see what obstacles are in front of you that your normal head lights can't see.
    Trout likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    Figure of speech - yes illegal for road use hence switch is fitted seperate from car lights. Led bars and spot lights and are for 'off road' use not highway use otherwise you will blind the hell out of other drivers far worst than high beam setting. Though saying that, no doubt some people are using there led's on roads when they shouldn't. The whole purpose of fitting them is for greater visibility for off road to see what obstacles are in front of you that your normal head lights can't see.
    I believe you can run 2 individual spot (driving) lights activated by your high beam however you cannot run a lightbar using the same method. At least thats what the WOF guys said. A light bar is apparently considered a work light.

Unless you run two lightbars side by side - as apparently the definition in the rules is that there must be two light units spaced similarly to get the tick. Similarly to fog lights - must be two, one each side blah blah. Apparently difference between fog and driving is that fog are only to be used when conditions dictate as fog lights can't be wired into the high beam circuit as they won't operate in fog where you are meant to be on dip only...

The other gotcha is apparently multi-element light units like LED's can't be retrofitted unless they are an approved OEM part - although I have not heard of anyone getting pinged for the headlight bulb replacement chip-on-board LED's if they are set right.

I've done away with the light bar, 2 spots for distance when off road with 1 pointing up a bit and the other down
    Can actually see up the hill your driving up not just the bottom of it. Also another pair of "spreading lights" pointing off to the sides so you can see round the corner before you hit it (also come in handy when looking for animals on the sides of the roads)