Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Losing my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Good result.
    I'm pleased your like me and use a 2 litre container to catch 4 litres
    Nothing like a bit of underestimation. I had to 'drain' a 300x300x200 mm hole with a tin can and 10l bucket. Almost filled the second 44gal drum.
    rugerman and Boomer416 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

The last time I did an oil change on my van I was very glad the mechanic had written on top of the air filter " 8.3L with filter". Firstly I wouldn't have had enough oil to do the change, and secondly I would have used a 4L container to try and catch just over 8L
    Seems like a shitload of oil but it is a 3L engine I guess
    Moa Hunter and thejamesjames like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    The last time I did an oil change on my van I was very glad the mechanic had written on top of the air filter " 8.3L with filter". Firstly I wouldn't have had enough oil to do the change, and secondly I would have used a 4L container to try and catch just over 8L
    Seems like a shitload of oil but it is a 3L engine I guess
    Yeah, got caught with that with the TD42 at 9.2l.
    rugerman likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Nothing like a bit of underestimation. I had to 'drain' a 300x300x200 mm hole with a tin can and 10l bucket. Almost filled the second 44gal drum.
    Greetings @gadjetman,
    1 litre almost exactly measures 100 x 100 x 100 or 1 cubic decimetre so your hole had a capacity of 18 litres. A 44 UK gallon drum holds a little over 200 litres. Clearly your hole was refilling itself from the bottom. I am surprised you ever caught up.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    XR500 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings @gadjetman,
    1 litre almost exactly measures 100 x 100 x 100 or 1 cubic decimetre so your hole had a capacity of 18 litres. A 44 UK gallon drum holds a little over 200 litres. Clearly your hole was refilling itself from the bottom. I am surprised you ever caught up.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Yes, it was the bilge pump hole in a bouble skinned river weed cutter. The foreman would not listen to my explanation of why I really needed a pump.