Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Maxis AT811

Walking my rifle
    Whats the thoughs on the Cooper ATT ? Cant get the AT3 in my size, 225/60 R17 on a nissan x trail so not a heavy vehicle. Was gonna get the Maxxis 811 but a bit too expensive for me now, cooper ATT seems to be the cheapest "big name" tyre otherwise ill just get Yokohama Geolanders
    If you can't kill it with bullets, dont f*ck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieZAR View Post
    Whats the thoughs on the Cooper ATT ? Cant get the AT3 in my size, 225/60 R17 on a nissan x trail so not a heavy vehicle. Was gonna get the Maxxis 811 but a bit too expensive for me now, cooper ATT seems to be the cheapest "big name" tyre otherwise ill just get Yokohama Geolanders
    Have sold a few of them now and people seem to really like them , mileage wise im unsure as I haven't pulled any of them off yet (which is a good thing , it means they haven't chopped out really quick!)
    Have you got room to go to a slightly larger tyre? You can get a Cooper AT3 4s in a 235/60R17
    I see that the 225/60R17 ATT are currently out of stock
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

I was considering going to a set of AT811 but have gone back to Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 which lasted 75k on my last set.

I went with some cheapies in between (firemax) and they have lasted only 45k.
    Warm Barrels!

Just put a set of AT811 on my new Hilux. Early days but bloody happy so far. I came from cheap MTs on my old truck which were downright dangerous but I put up with them because I was cheap… The AT811 is night and day better.
    Carbine likes this.

I am about to get a set of the wildpeak at3w on my isuzu mu..question, as they have the snowflake sticker on them they are classed as snow tyres.
    Do i now have to repalce my new standard spare AT tyre and second, as you only allowed to run them down to 4mm tops are you losing value compared to a standard AT tyre or
    would you be replacing them anyway when they get to 4mm?

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    I am about to get a set of the wildpeak at3w on my isuzu mu..question, as they have the snowflake sticker on them they are classed as snow tyres.
    Do i now have to repalce my new standard spare AT tyre and second, as you only allowed to run them down to 4mm tops are you losing value compared to a standard AT tyre or
    would you be replacing them anyway when they get to 4mm?
    I've just stuck a pair of them on last week, I'm not going to change the spare as well, pointless for 99.5% of the time so long as everything is the same overall diameter.

Where did you read the bit about having to replace them at 4mm?
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

I’ve done 37000k’s with mine now on the Hilux and have been rather impressed especially with their on road performance considering they are a “more aggressive” a/t tyre then your normal a/t. All 4 are wearing evenly still 7.5-8mm tread. I have just started to notice some road noise now though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I’ve done 37000k’s with mine now on the Hilux and have been rather impressed especially with their on road performance considering they are a “more aggressive” a/t tyre then your normal a/t. All 4 are wearing evenly still 7.5-8mm tread. I have just started to notice some road noise now though.

What pressure are you running them at on the road?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What pressure are you running them at on the road?
    32-34psi that is what they are when I’ve got it back from being rotated/balanced. The difference is from who I get to do the work.

Shearer likes this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

I've got AT on my Prado for the last 9 months, had no problem with them at all on and off road. Very quiet on road too. I got recommend to have them around 35psi min and 38psi max
    Dreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I've just stuck a pair of them on last week, I'm not going to change the spare as well, pointless for 99.5% of the time so long as everything is the same overall diameter.

Where did you read the bit about having to replace them at 4mm?
    Its been the new law for WOF now for ages i have found . Any tyre with the snowflake or mountain symbol is classed as a winter tyre, you must run all four tyres the same and you cant run them under 4mm or
    they are not warrentable. Many AT tyres are classed as winter tyres now, ie maxiss 811 etc,
    Just bought 4 Wild peak for the MU, got a pretty good deal i thought for 265 ea fitted etc. Only heard great things about them.
    My mate who works in the forestry has some on their work trucks, they have got 75k out of them no problem and no puctures and highly recommend them.
    Not many in the country at the moment in my size ( 31 10.5 r 15) so were lucky to get some otherwise was looking at the maxiss 811 but have heard some people were
    only getting 45k out of them plus they were a heap dearer

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Its been the new law for WOF now for ages i have found . Any tyre with the snowflake or mountain symbol is classed as a winter tyre, you must run all four tyres the same and you cant run them under 4mm or
    they are not warrentable. Many AT tyres are classed as winter tyres now, ie maxiss 811 etc,
    Just bought 4 Wild peak for the MU, got a pretty good deal i thought for 265 ea fitted etc. Only heard great things about them.
    My mate who works in the forestry has some on their work trucks, they have got 75k out of them no problem and no puctures and highly recommend them.
    Not many in the country at the moment in my size ( 31 10.5 r 15) so were lucky to get some otherwise was looking at the maxiss 811 but have heard some people were
    only getting 45k out of them plus they were a heap dearer
    That is a great price - where did you go if you don’t mind telling

I have Maxxis 811’s and they are great on and off road but the Wildpeaks get equally good reviews and seem much lower price

Quote Originally Posted by Forestry View Post
    That is a great price - where did you go if you don’t mind telling

I have Maxxis 811’s and they are great on and off road but the Wildpeaks get equally good reviews and seem much lower price
    Tyre General , always look after me. had to get them from wellington, only ones left, had 10