Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mitsubishi triton canopy

Mitsubishi triton canopy

I'm looking at getting a canopy for my 2018 triton, what's your recommendations for best value for money?
    Sliding side windows preferred. Beaut utes, fully equipped, ute master anyone else I should look into or steer clear of.
    Will need to be in white, and what's not going to break the bank, I know I'll more than likely be paying around 2-3k

Cheers bevan

A mate recently went through the same process.He ended up buying an alloy dog box with water tight storage on one side.It was comparable price to a canopy,lockable and removable.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Be aware that some canopies leak dust and water. I’ve recently made investigations into my d max fitted one and the seal finish is appalling.

no issues with the ARB on our triton

Think I ended up with a crown one 2018 triton as well. It's ok but was a balls up getting it fitted, leaks a bit through the car wash but not much dust I have noticed, dogs probably produce more. From memory it was quite a bit more than 2-3k

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid 51 View Post
    Be aware that some canopies leak dust and water. I’ve recently made investigations into my d max fitted one and the seal finish is appalling.
    Yes usually the seals around the tailgate are terrible. One way to help minimise dust getting into the back is to leave the front facing window of the canopy open a bit (if it has a front sliding window), this helps create a bit of positive pressure inside the canopy and stops the dust getting in the tailgate.
    veitnamcam and Ingrid 51 like this.

Got a Aeroklas canopy on my Triton ute. Lower profile than the crown ones, and no need to drill holes in the tray for mounting. Not going to fit into your $2-3k budget tho.
    Seems to work as expected.

i have a beaut ute 2018 canopy for my 2018 triton have since invested in a dog box and its gathering dust, could be keen to move it on if your interested only trouble is that is comes in blue!

sliding windows with dog metal cages on the inside internal LED light etc.

I have a beuat ute canopy on my triton that leaks water dust, took it back twice to get them to seal it better but it didn't work.
    Wouldn't recommend it!!!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Dealer supplied canopy when I bought my triton was around 4k from memory .....too much for me at the time.
    Ones I have googled run 3-5k

If you find one for 2k link it up here please.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidey31 View Post
    i have a beaut ute 2018 canopy for my 2018 triton have since invested in a dog box and its gathering dust, could be keen to move it on if your interested only trouble is that is comes in blue!

sliding windows with dog metal cages on the inside internal LED light etc.
    Hey mate pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Dealer supplied canopy when I bought my triton was around 4k from memory .....too much for me at the time.
    Ones I have googled run 3-5k

If you find one for 2k link it up here please.
    2-3k was just a rough guess as to what they might cost, I've since learned different

Alot of dust comes in the tailgate, five mil gaps at the sides. You can buy tailgate sealing kits off ebay etc ( 29 dollars for 2014 triton)After a few trips down dusty roads most of the gear was covered in dust. I fitted some foam seals I sourced through work, way better but still would like to get a genuine kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Will a 2010 canopy fit?
    I've got no idea, possibly not as the ones I've seen say 2015-2019