Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bluebaiter222

Thread: Wanted To Buy:Scott Scud Jetboat

Wanted To Buy:Scott Scud Jetboat

Long shot I know, but anyone know of a tidy 3.5- 3.75 Scud.Happy to travel to view.Cheers

@ berg243 goneburger

@berg243.Ageed they are a bit like your favourite Gatt.Dont tend to move them on.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    just let them know at scott jet you are in the market for a second hand one. the one i was wanting was 36k somewhere near timaru last year.
    @berg243 Great minds think alike.I,m already on their (long) wait list.Just thought I,d give it the thousand to one chance of tripping over one on this site. Patience......

They build nice boats, Konrad built my jet sprint boat years ago.

Konrad as principle sold the business a few years ago now.The new owner relocated the premises from Winchester, Sth Canty to Dunedin @ the time of the sale.Konrad is happily retired & wouldnt have picked up a tig for several years.However the Scott pedigree hull set up is carried thru to the current boats.In reality only Scott by name
    300winmag likes this.

if you haven't already you could put a wtb post on the nz jet boat buy sell facebook page and in the jbnz website forum buy-sell section. Do all those small scuds run the turbo'ed Suzuki's? do they rebuild the engines with heavy duty components before they slap the turbo on or are they lowish boost on a factory engine? Turbo's in jet boats vs long term reliability......

@yerimaginaryM8.yeah nar have already spread the feelers out on both those sites aswell,being the more obvious places to flesh one out.This post was just a shot in the dark. As far as power plants/units in any Scott boat well the sky's the limit.Scott have previously done n/a & turboed m series Suzukis coupled to their 6" pump.In the case of the m15 & M18 both of which are low compression engines,turboing requires no additional engine upgrade to run satisfactory boost.Whereas the high compression M16 does not lend itself to turboing unless mild 6-7lb boost without cooking it.Previous Scuds fitted out by Scotts running their larger pumps require larger horsepower than what a turboed m series produce,so they will run larger HP engines such as t Subarus,n/a Toyota 4 cyl,or larger again n/a Nissan v6s.Horses 4 courses