Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By bigbear
  • 1 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By dvk-kp
  • 2 Post By XR500

Thread: Moonshine Extreme Enduro

Moonshine Extreme Enduro

Got crook on Saturday but I had been looking forward to this event and really didn’t want to miss it so I went anyway. It was a struggle but still managed to have plenty of fun. If you enjoy watching someone grovel hard terrain on a dirt bike then this might give you a laugh.

https://youtu.be/f_Rp8pllct0?si=fxpOCBZKIsChAnpt
    Frogfeatures and bigbear like this.

Sucker for punishment alright. Would have been good viewing. lucky in that creek
    stagstalker likes this.

Good man keeping the revs where 300's shine...down low

Bring the GasGas down for the forum get together and get some training in on some more forgiving terrain
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Good man keeping the revs where 300's shine...down low

Bring the GasGas down for the forum get together and get some training in on some more forgiving terrain
    Where/when is the get together? This one is a 250 which still does well grunting down low

Saturday October the 7th. Central North Island (just outside Kinloch). Feel free to come stay longer. I'll flick you a couple of YT's. via pm.

I'll refresh the Upcoming events thread this Saturday, to let people know its just 3 more Saturdays away.
    stagstalker likes this.

Cole
    Cool video, very impressed with that bikes ability down low and not foul a plug, and the electric start! Looks the business
    stagstalker likes this.

Yep, the Euro bike manufacturers have left the Japs in their wake regarding 2 stroke performance. My 300 2 stroke hasn't had a plug changed in three years and it spends the lions share of its life at sub 3000rpm, grinding along single track or in hunting mode in steep country. And I still don't think there's a single Jap 2 stroke with an electric leg. 4 stroke yes, but 2 stroke no.

Jap 2 stroke technology is languishing back in the 20th century. As one punter put it " I don't know why they haven't updated their bikes since the 1990's, but check out those bold new graphics!!!"
    BRADS and stagstalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk-kp View Post
    Cool video, very impressed with that bikes ability down low and not foul a plug, and the electric start! Looks the business
    Yup the modern fuel injected European 2-strokes are damn good. This one is Transfer Port Injection so it has seperate oil injection that ups or drops the flow based on throttle position so it runs extremely efficiently.