Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By tetawa
  • 3 Post By XR500
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 3 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Quad Bike/Side-by-Side Hire in Canterbury?

Quad Bike/Side-by-Side Hire in Canterbury?

Hey fellas.

I've recently moved from Nelson to Christchurch and am looking forward to getting dialed into the hunting and fishing down here (I'm going to miss the snapper fishing!).

Anyway I have a mate who has access to a high country station down south. He's offered to take me but I'd need my own quad bike. The tracks are apparently too tight for 4WD access and while I like a good walk, it's a very large property so this is not a viable option. I've googled around to see if there is anywhere in Canterbury where I could hire a quad bike or side-by-side to take for a reconnaissance trip down there but I haven't found anything. I just thought I'd seek the wisdom of the forum before dismissing the idea completely. Any advice welcome.

Cheers.

Have you tried bike dealers down there, have "borrowed" one locally here off the Honda agent for a hunting trip for a mate, was before H&S went off the dial though.
    CandiedGold likes this.

They would want 10 grand down as insurance for someone sending it to its doom off any of the zillion high country tracks used to access hunting country.
    Micky Duck, dannyb and CandiedGold like this.

Just get yourself an old mudbug or something for $500 and you're good to go
    Micky Duck and CandiedGold like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Just get yourself an old mudbug or something for $500 and you're good to go
    This.

It will hone your skills at travelling light into the hills. Quads just let you take the kitchen sink

And mudbugs just stay where you dropped them. Unlike a quad that at the slightest bit of inattention will turn into an Olympic spring board diver, performing 3 and a half sommersaults with a half pike on its way to the bottom of the hill
    rugerman, kotuku and Micky Duck like this.

I am new to Christchurch too and I like quad bike, just do `t have any chance to ride it because laws requirement. But riding a one in SI, with the views....and hunting, fishing maybe, well what a wonderful activity. Well, if the "visit" can be repeated regularly, and there is good view of south, maybe we could buy a one together. The new Honda 550cc is only about 12,000.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

A new honda quad is about $20000

A cf Moto does ok sometimes, better than a can am at least it helps if you know how to ride one though. Thankfully only egos ( and bank balances) were hurt
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Black Rabbit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    A new honda quad is about $20000
    Does `t really matter, still cheap comparing to where I am now, besides knock off GST and got some back from Tax return, the price for new should be less then 15,000. Btw, play is expensive, we put in money, animals put in their valuable energy. I like quad, but I have skipped quad idea because no where to ride unless you got land. So, I will buy a jeep wrangler, where a quad can go then a jeep, and it `s on road legal would `nt need a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    A cf Moto does ok sometimes, better than a can am at least it helps if you know how to ride one though. Thankfully only egos ( and bank balances) were hurt
    A transformer!! I like you guns and your place very very much!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Lucky man
    When hunting think safety first