Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By Bol Tackshin

Thread: Mud Madness! - GNCC Round 4

Mud Madness! - GNCC Round 4

Raced the last round of the NZ GNCC (Grand National Cross Country) series last weekend. There was a lot of rain the week leading up to the event and despite there being minimal on the day, the track was very wet and quickly turned into a clay based muddy mess. Deep ruts, bogs, and endless slippery sections, it was bloody great fun! It claimed a few bikes overheating as a result.

I managed to have a pretty good day getting 2nd in my intermediate 2-stroke class. I managed to avoid the first couple of backups where people got stuck and managed to get a pretty clean run from there where I just focused on keeping moving, not getting stuck and just staying upright rather then trying to go fast. I still managed to get hooked up a handful of times and shared a few falls but the gameplan worked out ok even though I could have pushed a bit more speed.

Ended up finishing the series 3rd in class despite missing a round and having a poor result at rd1. Not a lot of competition in class to be fair but stoked none the less. Anyways, here’s the vid to my first lap for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/V5DKK50-HR0?si=ynMAchmbdMn1513n
    Frogfeatures and Bol Tackshin like this.

Looks like a lot of fun, and a bit exhausting! Beautiful scenery, if you had a moment to appreciate it
    stagstalker likes this.