Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mud tyres... I need 'em

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    TyreShopOnline: Mud Extreme 4x4 Tyres

Talk to Steve or Tracy, Steve knows his stuff. I've bought four sets of tyres off them now.

I just bought a set of 33's for my landcruiser, way cheaper than any other place I could find, shipped to a fitter in town within a day. Shipping's free with a set of four. Fitting is way cheaper than you'll normally pay too. All I had to do was drop my truck in for a hour and pick it up.

I'm running the Hercules tyres he sells now. Made by Coopers, and they are a good tyre, very competitively priced. Mixed reviews online, but have tried their MT and they were excellent. Am now on a set of DT's as we are coming into summer, and I am impressed with their quietness and grip on road. Yet to take them off road.

Me too. These guys know thier stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    U live in Auckland....and want mud grips.. Fair bit of mud on the way to the latte shop is there.
    What's a "latte"? Can you get them from "The Persimmon Tree"? ;-)

Actually that's not a bad cafe from memory... But I only eat raw coffee beans and last time they were all out.
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by brodster View Post
    Jolly good! That gives me plenty to go on. Thanks for the comments.

I bought a Vitara to get a bit further up those gnarly roads than my FWD Accord... The old sedan took them like a champion but there's only so much reversing up steep gravel roads my neck can take!

Took the Vitara out to Woodhill today with road tyres to test the waters somewhere near a rescue crew... It did a stellar job, no trouble getting up hills with plenty of mud and sand.

...No trouble until we were on the way out and hit a pesky root sticking out at right angles which took out the radiator. D'ooooh... Had been over the same one twice before no problem without evening seeing the root.

Got towed out and back to the mechanic. Painful lesson but all part of the fun eh? Not sure what the lesson though... Don't go offroading? That doesn't sound like any fun though. Got a few laughs from Safaris and Surfs going past but they were already laughing at the shiny city wheels getting muddy (it's a newer 3rd-gen Vitara -- looked at older ones too but they're getting a bit long in the tooth). Pissed at the damage but still had a an awesome day. I figured the sooner I put a 'dent' in it the sooner I'd get on with using it like a 4WD anyway!
    When I got my shiny hilux years ago I had no intention of off roading it, it was for carting downhill MTBs and towing jet skis.
    Mate promptly talked me into going for a drive with him and he lead me threw about 25km of gorse and clay bogs, that was it ,I no longer needed to worry about scratching it because even the roof got a hiding!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah better to get it over with! Still... not ready to completely trash it yet
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!

had some bridgestone MTs on my surf for a while now and they behave very well on the road. have to try really hard to make them spin in the wet which is a good thing.