Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: New model Isuzu DMax vs Ranger 2.0 Bi Turbo 4x2

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid 51 View Post
    Pretty sure top model is $82k. I asked the dealer how come price was so high. Reply was aligned with costs of new safety features. Agreed, it’s a lot of loot!
    10 months ago I got a new XT Ranger for under $50K.
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    10 months ago I got a new XT Ranger for under $50K.
    Good point @Tahr, just had a Ranger XLT priced up - canopy c/w remote looking to rear canopy window, towbar, ORC plus 5000 RUC's for a drive away of $50.5k......I think here is the answer perhaps?
    Tahr and rugerman like this.

unfortunately the top of the line dmax only comes in slushomatic

Quote Originally Posted by #the creeper View Post
    Good point @Tahr, just had a Ranger XLT priced up - canopy c/w remote looking to rear canopy window, towbar, ORC plus 5000 RUC's for a drive away of $50.5k......I think here is the answer perhaps?
    Very pleased with mine. Has done 30,000km in 10 months. Faultless so far.

Bull bar fitted and just pricing up a suspension upgrade. You can put a lot of goodies on for the price saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    4wd or 2wd?
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    4x4
    @Tahr
    The std 3.2ltr or the 2.0ltr Bi Turbo?.....cheers

BTW! I guess the local deer population down yr way must be feeling a lot safer at the moment with you been house bound and not out shooting as many as you do......always look forward to your posts!!
    Barefoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by #the creeper View Post
    @Tahr
    The std 3.2ltr or the 2.0ltr Bi Turbo?.....cheers

BTW! I guess the local deer population down yr way must be feeling a lot safer at the moment with you been house bound and not out shooting as many as you do......always look forward to your posts!!
    3.2L
    And I should add that the price was with a Farmlands discount - albeit they never asked to see my membership card. I think anyone should be able to negotiate a discount if you walk in and pay cash.

Ha ha, yeah Im like an old caged tiger at the moment. Even pissed that I haven't been able to help a farmer friend vaccinate his ewes, which I do every year (he has deer on the farm )

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    That’s a very good deal
    Farmlands discount (see above).
    Mohawk .308 likes this.

Just ordered a new Ford Everest, good factory warranty and will upgrade before it’s out
    Tahr likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

They all have issues regardless of brand. I have a new Navara. Had issues with gbox noise since new.had looked at so many times by Nissan. Utter hopeless. I've learnt to deal with the noise when it's hot a mate who's a mechanic siad the oil is obviously too thin when hot and suffer from gear rattle. Does have a lag but I installed a I drive throttle controller that plugs into the pedal and adjusts the lag. Absolutely worth the 300 bucks they are worth on any fly by wire vehicle. I see Repco sells them now. Just unplug when going for service not to void any warranty.
    mudgripz likes this.

Seems fine in the Navara. We have 2 of them and no probs.. Has diff modes available and notice the diff. You can drive it factory and has couple other modes. I've been stuck in a paddock and wound it down to less than standard throttle response and it slowed the response enough not to spin the wheels. Great for towing the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Personally I'm a little staggered at how much the price of the Dmax has gone up from the old model.
    Mind you the s/hand market seems to have gone nuts too, could sell my current one (2018) for the same price I bought it for at the moment.
    Turners offered me 20 k for my 2013 Ranger 207000k 2wd, pissing me off cause I have to pay GST on it. Think I’ll sell????
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Choosing between 4 cylinders and 5 made my decision easy, had an EGR done at 140 k rest has been good!
    Mauser308 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Oil catch can on my ranger and electronic throttle chip... goes good.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

Name:  66F957AD-8D20-49A4-901C-9A1817B1852D.jpeg
Views: 393
Size:  5.52 MB
    Name:  41698AA6-B7C0-46DF-9B89-7E6FEDE2E3BB.jpeg
Views: 389
Size:  6.26 MB
    I bought one of the top spec dmax during fieldays deals. Absolutely love it. Looked at the hilux but the dealer was too pushy for my liking. Isuzu gave me best trade in on my colorado and dropped 10500k off the list price. Worked out with their better trade in same price as the hilux
    Tahr and rugerman like this.