Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New wagon... what to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Have had good experiences with the 2 bighorns we have had in the family around that era. One has done ~320 000k and you would think it had done a lot less than my surf (240000) Motor sounds perfect, body/chassis still tight etc
    Awesome, I hope to have this one sorted by tomorrow morning but think some fucker is about to start a bidding on trademe ....

Another forum member has found a local SWB pajero, Petrol auto, looks ok, will call the guy and have a chat if the Bighorn doesnt happen ...

Quote Originally Posted by tikka 7/08 View Post
    Awesome, I hope to have this one sorted by tomorrow morning but think some fucker is about to start a bidding on trademe ....

Another forum member has found a local SWB pajero, Petrol auto, looks ok, will call the guy and have a chat if the Bighorn doesnt happen ...
    Havent had such good experiences with the pajeros, some people get a good run from them, some dont (could probably say that abut most vehicles though)

Toyota Blizzard Diesel 1986 | Trade Me
    We had one of these that took a lot of abuse,(even had shotgun wound across bonnet from pevious owner) doubled as a bulldozer/track maker through scrub i mean abuse as in, it has ply wood instead of back windows now, two seats, got a hole in fuel tank from a branch or something so is now fed from an inside tank, engine got filled with water one day after a whoopsy off a bank, took injectors etc out, flooded bore with fuel, turned it over with fuel lines disconnected to empty bores again, hooked up fuel lines, pumped the fuel, turned the key and drove it home. Headlights didnt work though they were full of water. Very simple truck. solid beam front end, leaf front and rear (prefer coils but can work with leaf)
    Just to add another vehcile type to the mix and give you even more to think about haha
    (easy to swap/adapt parts from other vehicles to suit these if your into doing a bit of work)
    Last edited by distant stalker; 02-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Faaaark trademe sellers are dodgy!!!!!

Asked a question on a Terrano up in tokaroa, guy wanted stupid money for it so I left it...

Get a random guy comment on an auction that I am running saying he has brought it and only needs it till labour weekend. Said I should call and can buy it from him in 3 weeks time ...

Gave him a call and he said he blew his tow vehicle up.... he brought this so he can tow his mud truck to an event on labour weekend... after that he wont need it and I can buy it for what he paid .... (less than the original dickhead said he wanted for it)

Why would you buy a truck from Tokaroa, Pick it up this weekend, Bring it back to Kapiti (wellington) Drive it for 3 weeks and as i said above use it to tow something to an event and then sell it again .... Terrano's arnt even that great for towing .....

Thinking that he has brought this to rape for parts on his broken truck .... Either that or im just being paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Toyota Blizzard Diesel 1986 | Trade Me
    We had one of these that took a lot of abuse,(even had shotgun wound across bonnet from pevious owner) doubled as a bulldozer/track maker through scrub i mean abuse as in, it has ply wood instead of back windows now, two seats, got a hole in fuel tank from a branch or something so is now fed from an inside tank, engine got filled with water one day after a whoopsy off a bank, took injectors etc out, flooded bore with fuel, turned it over with fuel lines disconnected to empty bores again, hooked up fuel lines, pumped the fuel, turned the key and drove it home. Headlights didnt work though they were full of water. Very simple truck. solid beam front end, leaf front and rear (prefer coils but can work with leaf)
    Just to add another vehcile type to the mix and give you even more to think about haha
    (easy to swap/adapt parts from other vehicles to suit these if your into doing a bit of work)
    hahaha cant beat a toyota on a good day huh ....

Killing a Toyota part 1 - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

I'd go bighorn; they are a good solid truck. The 2.8 is the best engine and the running gear is pretty solid including the gearboxes. I know quite a few guys with them. The Terrano's have a bad reputation for rust behind the seats and a weak gearbox.

Well it ended up being a Terrano.

2.7D turbo
    204km's
    Manual
    New clutch
    Abit rough around the edges but good solid truck

Name:  truck.1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  685.3 KB
    nor-west, kiwishoota and Toby like this.

Re: New wagon... what to buy?

Sweet as bro my mates got one with 400+ ks on it. They go forever if you keepem serviced

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Sweet as bro my mates got one with 400+ ks on it. They go forever if you keepem serviced

Hahahaha that's what I like to hear... Ill give her a service as soon as I have some coin. Afew small fix up jobs and itll be sorted..

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Pickings might be a bit slim for that kind money. I dunno if you could get an older V6 hilux surf for that?

I saw one for $3999 not far from the farm. The V6's are a bit hungry though from what I've heard. I don't know if people mean hungry for a V6... or just hungry because it's a V6. Even if it does cost you a bit to run they'd be a bulletproof truck.
    he is lucky he cant afford a petrol prado we just sold ours hungry as fuck would never recommend one to any one 90ltr fuel $180 to full it up the wife used over $200 a week nice enough truck just ridiculous on fuel. bighorn are ok just stay away from the 3ltr diesel the casting around the injectors fails and dumps all you fuel into the radiator no cool

Re: New wagon... what to buy?

Had a prado up north for work . Was awsome . Didnt have to pay the gas bill and was deisel