Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Off road tyres failed warrant of fitness

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Wonder what happens when he gets a puncture, that spare looks a little small
    He’ll just call AA or Tony’s Tyres, won’t be getting his OWN hands dirty!
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    I wonder if it's ever been off road ?
    ..But it still looks fargin-cool, have to say. And I did get my Ins-cover yesterday after another ph-call.

Quote Originally Posted by rewa View Post
    ..But it still looks fargin-cool, have to say. And I did get my Ins-cover yesterday after another ph-call.
    ‘Cool’? Nah…not in my opinion.

And likely noisy-as on tar seal.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Lots of rules are being enforced as of late , most of them are just a crock of shit!
    Carbine, gadgetman and Bill999 like this.
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Wonder what happens when he gets a puncture, that spare looks a little small
    looks almost like a rim without a tyre

I nearly failed my WOF a couple of weeks ago, for my lightbar.

Not because of where it was mounted. Not for how it was connected (separately switched from headlights).

But because it had been wired in using the old fog light circuit and switch, and due to the switch having the fog light symbol on it, he said nzta have said it must fully comply with foglight specs, and are pushing hard on tiny things like that atm. Simply due to the tiny picture on the switch..

He was a friendly chap and offered to let me disconnect it, but I thought for a moment and had a better idea. I borrowed his razor blade and scraped the foglight icon off the switch for a more permanent fix.

Think he was quite amused by that solution. Got my WOF, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post

Not because of where it was mounted. Not for how it was connected (separately switched from headlights).

But because it had been wired in using the old fog light circuit and switch, and due to the switch having the fog light symbol on it, he said nzta have said it must fully comply with foglight specs, and are pushing hard on tiny things like that atm. Simply due to the tiny picture on the switch..

He was a friendly chap and offered to let me disconnect it, but I thought for a moment and had a better idea. I borrowed his razor blade and scraped the foglight icon off the switch for a more permanent fix.

Jesus Christ what a bunch of fucking jobsworths these NZTA dimwits are turning out to be
    Carbine likes this.

They are just the latest bunch of people running scared of liability.

ChCh earthquakes got the civil engineers in a pickle

White Island got the tourism and helicopter companies in a pickle

Now NZTA and the certification agencies are running scared: note the dramas with crawl throughs on horse trucks etc etc.
    Oh....and fog light symbols

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post

That AVI should be shot!
    Simply wrong.
    A switch with a decal on it isn't a reason to fail.
    Its performance or the way its wired in is.
    The regs are very plain and simple in the VIRM.
    How some AVIs interpret them is a real mindf**k.
    They need to be dropped. You need to contacting NZTA about it, and they will get them reviewed by the inspector. Thats the only way that these twats will learn and get dropped
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quite often I notice tyres that have their rims so far offset its ridiculous. It can be quite dangerous as all the vehicles bits and pieces are not designed for the stresses that offset rims can and will generate.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Mauser308 likes this.
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

Had a new set of tyres fitted to the prado recently and apparently 7% over factory sizing. Had to fit narrow flares as they were just proud of the body work as well. Passed WoF but might have to look at certing. Supposedly 2” lifts are ok unless they’re coils? Leaf and wishbone ok.

Spoke at some length to the certification guy. If you fail warrant for any one thing that then needs certification all mods then need to be certified as well. My ARB coils were checked even though were OK for a warrant.

Not so sure what Snowgrass means about 2" lift on coils. My Pajero is factory coils with 2" lift. No cert required according to legislation & wof dealers including insurance (they quote the same reference). Don't confuse people!

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    My old man just got a flat deck Landcruiser failed because it's got airbags and apparently they need certifying.
    Does that sound right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Ahhh, what was the reasoning for the fail - that will tell you why. If it's due to older than 10 years at initial cert, or Takata airbags then that would make sense...
    Or air bag suspension
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    My old man just got a flat deck Landcruiser failed because it's got airbags and apparently they need certifying.
    Does that sound right?
    Yes. Any airbag added needs cert now.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh