Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Prado Questions

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Nice choice MattyP.
    You will have to bring it into my work (Ilam Toyota) when you need the servicing done
    You work there!? Fuck sake, haha. Was there a few days ago looking at the Prado's when we were still thinking of getting one a couple years old.

Bought from Miles in the end - on Montreal Street. Same chain isn't it? So can we get our 5yrs of servicing done by you ?

Edit - that's rough, time out. Pretty bad luck. I've had to laugh a few times when i've struggled to get service at a harvey norman or similar because all the salespeople flock to the guy in business attire. Then finally one who isn't as superficial comes to have a chat and in one case I walked out with a 65" ultra HD Sony a few mins later while the other younger sales rep was looking on in frustration while he kept trying to pitch something to the guy he'd chosen to serve instead of me. Sounds like a few dickheads like that have missed out on a sale with you.
    Last edited by MattyP; 17-10-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    gadgetman and Steve123 like this.

Yup all same family. City is the Mothership.
    We can do all the necessary things for you at the Ilam Asylum
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Sounds like i'll see you for its first service and a chat then! I'm sure by then you'll be all over this new engine haha. None to play with yet? Give me a heads up if you see any that have had dramas!

I guess not much has changed father was interested in a hilux as change from landrovers the salesmans didnt turn up so he has had mitsis since 1981.They do not seem to learn.I had the same getting back into roadbikes only one got back to me guess who I buy off and get services done.
    Quote Originally Posted by time out View Post
    I think you have made a good choice MattyP - they look nice
    My wife and I sat in a new Prado for about ten minutes at the Waikato Field-days recently - all the Sales people were talking with the TV fishing star who was on their stand - so we left
    I got a WOF for my Cruiser in Tauranga a couple of months back and spent about half an hour looking at a new Prado with a sales lady - she said they would get me a price on my Cruiser that was out the back - never heard back from her
    Went over to the Toyota yard in Tauranga yesterday and looked at a 2013 Cruiser and a slightly used 2015 Prado for about ten minutes - sales people were all too busy inside - so f**K them
    When I am ready I will go over to Thames where I will get some respect
    I reckon Toyota sales service rates with real estate agents - absolute crap - they get their money too easy

Nice choice MattyP.
    Shame there are regional differences between dealerships, personally I've had nothing but positive experiences with our local/Bowaters.
    screamO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Nice choice MattyP.
    Shame there are regional differences between dealerships, personally I've had nothing but positive experiences with our local/Bowaters.
    They didn't want to sell us a new truck. Went in to the Nelson one, climbed all thru a New Hilux.

Can't have looked like we had money cause the salesmen all looked at us but no one came over, they just went back to yakking.

Their loss, brought a BT50 from NI instead (palmside motors??) wasn't new but came with all the xtras and left me with quite a bit more money in the bank .

We would have brought a new Hilux on the day but..........

Wouldn't go back, they had their chance
    BRADS likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I shop the same as you mikee if the service ain't there they can get fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JoshC, bully and time out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I shop the same as you mikee if the service ain't there they can get fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everybody gets the same chance with me, I have worked in service industries all my life. I have learn t that you don't judge a persons spending by the WAY THEY LOOK,
    6mm ackley likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Good mate of mine, has a friend in Edmonton Alberta, he has been top salesman for ten years running, at both the Chev and Mercedes, dealership he has been at, His saying is "tradies and whores are the ones with money", see a guy who looks more like, he might steel it that buy it, rush over its likely a tradie. flash suit, waste of time, most times.