Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Quad, with power steering ?

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    well ive got both the honda 420 and the can-am 500 ive found that the honda is a distance behind next new one will be another can-am more ground clearance wider and longer wheel base more stable better shocks just alround better and more bang for your buck
    hey thats only my opinion and it also comes with winch not that i ve needed to use it cause i aint got stuck yet
    Handy at calving time for you tit pullers
    geezejonesy likes this.

Ive had hondas and suzukis and they dont come close to the performance of can-ams this is my third can-am (650) and the new generation bikes have only widened the gap between them and there competitors.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371104311.782522.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  216.6 KB

well ive got both the honda 420 and the can-am 500 ive found that the honda is a distance behind next new one will be another can-am more ground clearance wider and longer wheel base more stable better shocks just alround better and more bang for your buck
    hey thats only my opinion and it also comes with winch not that i ve needed to use it cause i aint got stuck yet
    I used the winch heaps for calving cows and linking two bikes together to drag the full calf trailer through the mud as well as more conventional uses

you need to do some work with them to get stuck on the haha
    Happy and username like this.

Now how do I convince the mrs that TRX500 is too small and we need a 650 Ca Am for our lifestyle block with 12 beefies and 1 horse ??
    And it's fn flat FFS.

Loaned a 1000cc can-am last year. Breathtaking machine! Bit freaky on steep country though.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Now how do I convince the mrs that TRX500 is too small and we need a 650 Ca Am for our lifestyle block with 12 beefies and 1 horse ??
    And it's fn flat FFS.
    You dont. You just get it! Easier to beg for forgivness. Im sure there is more to that saying but it'll do for now
    VIVA LA HOWA

yeah its already been said but its just personal opinion. the can am we had was the 420, its ergos just felt weird and felt like you were riding real high up on it, real spongy suspension also and was not at all stable on steep/rolling terrain. Depends what sort of work they are used for i guess, might be perfect for a flat dairy farm? but when you have a dog and a carry box on it it just didnt feel safe.
    We have hondas now after a long stint with suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    And it's fn flat FFS.
    When u figure it out tell me coz i want a 1000 commander (side by side). i cant think of any reasons other than i want one.
    falconhell and geezejonesy like this.

Must admit to buying a 2004 TRX350FM about three years ago. Have maybe ridden it for 20 minutes at the most.

What I really want to do is chop down a small 4x4 or AWD car and turn it into a dedicated off roader. Or even better build from scratch.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

go Polaris and never have to look back

My Vinson 500 is smooth and it grunts ,be nice if it had power steer tho ....
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Squad View Post
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, Should be a comedian!
    Spanners, NZHTR, BRADS and 1 others like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Squad View Post
    Sounds good to me Toby. If you are broken down and everyone else has gone past you then which direction should you look for assistance?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Sounds good to me Toby. If you are broken down and everyone else has gone past you then which direction should you look for assistance?
    Well seeing as we are above because we are cool I'd suggest walk north!
    VIVA LA HOWA