Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gonetropo

Thread: Remote alarm system

Remote alarm system

Is anyone using a remote activated alarm system on their vehicle they could recommend for situations where you need to park your vehicle some distance away from where you'll be? Maybe something with a motion camera that alerts you when someone's mooching around your vehicle, then you can manually set off an alarm to give them a little serve before they get to the point of actually trying to break in, steel your racks or whatever. An ordinary car alarm would activate after they've already smashed a window. I'm searching online for a solution; just wondering if anyone is actually implementing something they can share.

Gimme a pm after we'd when back in nz
    XR500 and Pepo1 like this.

Closest thing I've found online so far is Ring Car Cam, but apparently they've discontinued it due to multiple issues. I guess this is a difficult one to do.

I know some people use these. As long as you had coverage you could set it up above middle of back seat. Would let you know if someone was around your vehicle, has siren.
    https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/p/arlo...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

You need to search for an RF long range car alarm. I used to have one, I got it from ebay about 30 years ago. It had bump sensitivity, a glass breakage detector, and remote starting. I had it in a bighorn with heated seats, so you could remote start the vehicle and by the time you got to it the seats would be nice and warm. Used to get a few odd looks when it started itself.