Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: School me on the SR5

School me on the SR5

Evening team, dumb question. But what are you gaining by buying an SR5 over the standard hilux. Both 4wd, auto, double cab, well side. 2010-2014 models?

different deck, chrome, interior, and heater control panel,flares. Same engine, drive line
    Last edited by bigbear; 20-06-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Happy likes this.

R93
    Resale.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    bigbear and Stocky like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

So not really any “practical” differences? Just a blinged up model with a nicer interior?
    Tommy likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerbox View Post
    So not really any “practical” differences? Just a blinged up model with a nicer interior?
    Pretty much mate.
    I have a 2014 and still think it is pretty plain. Nice truck. But nothing like the new model interior wise.

Beaker and Tuckerbox like this.

Except if it’s a fire breathing 4 litre petrol tlimited edition that climbs like a Thar smokes the tires when the other stinky diesels wanna go crosses rivers like they are puddles and passes every thing EXCEPT the gas station where we stop often lol 😂. Still highest kw in the wanky let’s build the highest kw race too
    Torque about torque who cares. Talk about fun when you leave the v8 ford for dead. Even better when it’s an Amarok

But each to their own
    jakewire, shift14 and Dawg like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Except if it’s a fire breathing 4 litre petrol tlimited edition that climbs like a Thar smokes the tires when the other stinky diesels wanna go crosses rivers like they are puddles and passes every thing EXCEPT the gas station where we stop often lol ��. Still highest kw in the wanky let’s build the highest kw race too
    Torque about torque who cares. Talk about fun when you leave the v8 ford for dead. Even better when it’s an Amarok

But each to their own
    +1

There are two things I don't like about my 2015 4L V6:
    1. Due to the stupid rules about traction and stability control, they took the limited slip diff out of this model. If you switch the stupid traction control off when off roading, you have an open diff and lots of wheel spin. It needs a ARB locker.
    2. It doesn't have the Aust made Raptor super charger fitted (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    different deck, chrome, interior, and heater control panel,flares. Same engine, drive line
    2005-2010 1 difference was that there was no disconnect in the front diff and as such the diff was always spinning ie more wear. Also now you can wire this up to a switch the gain the ability to get 2wd low box (useful for reversing up hills to save clutch as well backing trailers on concrete where low box 4wd binds the drive terrain). You gain clean sides on your wellside. and as sais resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Except if it’s a fire breathing 4 litre petrol tlimited edition that climbs like a Thar smokes the tires when the other stinky diesels wanna go crosses rivers like they are puddles and passes every thing EXCEPT the gas station where we stop often lol ��. Still highest kw in the wanky let’s build the highest kw race too

But each to their own
    But only if the river is actually only a puddle... I have seen the result of fancy new petrol engined trucks attempting river crossings and no snorkel was going to help there...
    gadgetman likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

just a wank features thing , save the cash and buy the standard and add little bits on that you want i.e monsoons etc.
    i like the fact with the standard model they dont have carpet in them , much easier to clean mud etc out of them

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    +1

There are two things I don't like about my 2015 4L V6:
    1. Due to the stupid rules about traction and stability control, they took the limited slip diff out of this model. If you switch the stupid traction control off when off roading, you have an open diff and lots of wheel spin. It needs a ARB locker.
    2. It doesn't have the Aust made Raptor super charger fitted (yet)

Mine came with diff lock and all that stuff.
    Limited Edition maybe thats why ??
    Descent control in mud on a grade 5 is above awesome.
    On wet grass it thinks it on the highway

I just want to find a clever Kiwi to build me a Cat back exhaust system
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by madmaori View Post
    just a wank features thing , save the cash and buy the standard and add little bits on that you want i.e monsoons etc.
    i like the fact with the standard model they dont have carpet in them , much easier to clean mud etc out of them
    Mine isn't an SR5 and it has carpet... my sister has an sr5 and differences I can see is hers has an all black interior, digital climate control (mine still has air con etc but manual) flares from factory, monsoons from factory, factory tinted glass, mine has a J Deck (with hooks) hers has an A deck (no hooks) keyless entry, all little details like that. They are essentially the same truck though and perform exactly the same
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

sr5 has a reverse camera which are bloody handy

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    sr5 has a reverse camera which are bloody handy
    Only from 2014 model on?

I only use it for hooking on the boat and the odd time I have to parallel park.
    Mine takes a fair while to come up once you start the truck.

I had a 89 sr5 back in the late 90s it had carpet,elec mirrors,air con,cloth seats over the base model...also had flares and monsoons but I think they were aftermarket. The carpet and cloth seats I would rather have not had.
    Probably not particularly relevant to what you are looking at but some info all the same
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.