Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

side x side tyres

What tyre's are you guys using. Looks like its going to be a wet winter here on the coast. Currently running this tyre
    Maxi Grip SG-789 / GA-789 - Side-By-Side / UTV MAXI GRIP Tyres - ATV & OFF ROAD Tyres | Forbes and Davies
    which has been a good all round but would like to go to a tyre with a little more aggression. Do drive on the seal and a little gravel track but 85% on clay/mud tracks

I've had a good run using 28" Deestone D932 swamp witch's for the last couple of years.

My boss they can get in a set off these but i think they are a bit to open tread and might be a ruff ride the times it does dry out (honda weren't that keen on them saying they are pretty hard on the driving gear) Its freakin hard when nobody keeps any think in stock.
    Kenda K538 Executioner - Utility DURO / KENDA Tyres - ATV Tyres | Forbes and Davies

@NZShoota have to wait to monday to see if they can get them, they look a bit more aggressive then the maxi grip

Kenda BearClaw, best ATV tyre in the world (and cheap as chips too)

Maxxis zilla awesome on mine.
    Mostly on clay and mud.
    Wearing very well.
    Used on RTV 900 and carrying some big loads over long distance

Quote Originally Posted by duckdog View Post
    Kenda BearClaw, best ATV tyre in the world (and cheap as chips too)
    They are a good tyre @duckdog i have had them on my own quad bike for years. In case i need a tyre with a bit deeper tread. They are going on a honda sxs 500 which is a great machine but needs to have better feet then your standard tyre this year. Especially this year the ground is already saturated and tracks are getting hammered by the run off

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    they will be harsh riding on hard surfaces. they look similar to what I had on my Suzuki mini truck and even firm dirt tracks it was not a nice ride above about 30kmh .if you could find something with more tread in the middle and still open tread on the sides will give a better ride and not loose to much in the traction side of things.as with most tires 10 percent wear and you loose over 25 percent of your best traction.
    I have 3 Hondas that I use mainly for hunting and I have found that any tread with a wide bar is good wearing and good enough grip on steep clay and mud but when you get on to a steep wet hill covered in grass they will sit on top of the grass and spin. The only tyre I have found that will cut through the grass is the Kenda Bear Claw. Mind you I have had these for a few years now and there could be others on the market just as good.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Ended up finding a set off swamp fox tyres in stock in town which has worked out perfect with the weather we have just had. So far they have been unreal in the mud and shit thats on the ground at the moment. Be interesting how long they last. In saying that soon as it drys up in october they will be getting changed over this time.