Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Surtees 5.5 Workmate

Stabi boys...
    Dan M

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    i dont look down on you for possessing the high level of homosexuality that you have
    all that time working in Australia, isnt it a pre-rec for getting into a mine over there these days?
    After all there greatest athlete of all time is a......................................HOMO....... ......... much like yourself Dave'o

lol
    Is Rowan Atkinson gay?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Stabi boys...
    No deck space in the class I'm looking at.
    Need deck space.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Unfortunaltely, I have to say I was not a fan of the ones I have been in 5.5, 6.1 and bigger)
    Nor a fan of Etec's in General. Tuna boats have tried them on their speed boats and also 4 smokes, gone back to various yammies, bullet proof
    Personally I would not own anything but a yamaha, personal choice.

With boats it what YOU like, not what I like.
    Yammas a direct knock off of OMC when it was going? E techs are a heap of shit IMHO
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    yamaha or honda outboard in saying that ive got a johnson

i talked to the guy who fills my tanks in chch, he has a 5.5, he likes it but said its not as stable as he would of liked
    Well you got it right!
    Smiddy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Senator 560 is my next an last boat...
    Nice riding, more room and safe as shit!
    Dan M

realy need 2 more metres dave

OK, I have a 6.6m Southern Cuddy Cabin / Bimi top model / 150hp Yamaha SWS II on the back. Has everything that opens and shuts and more electronics than the space shuttle
    Rides good when its rough
    Plenty of room.
    Can carry a good load of people, gear, fish and stuff in general
    Alloy Tandem Trailor
    Plenty of room

Dislikes
    Too big to handle easily on your own. (this is the big one, everybody wants to come fishin until you actually put them on the spot)
    Need a good ramp to launch easily
    150hp Drinks petrol 1.6km/l is best economy I can get. Nelson - Durville - Nelsonand back is 180l on a calm day
    While not as "tippy" as the smaller Southerns I have been in still moves a bit compared to a pontoon boat if you all go to same side
    Trailer brakes are shit

I reckon a smaller boat is better generally as while a bigger boat is great when weather turns to shit, a smaller one will get used more often as its easier to launch, retrieve and generally handle.

I have really enjoyed hoon-ing after flounders in another forum members little demon as its easy to launch, retrieve and generally use.
    Beaker likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

OK, I have a 6.6m Southern Cuddy Cabin / Bimi top model / 150hp Yamaha SWS II on the back. Has everything that opens and shuts and more electronics than the space shuttle
    Rides good when its rough
    Plenty of room.
    Can carry a good load of people, gear, fish and stuff in general
    Alloy Tandem Trailor
    Plenty of room

Dislikes
    Too big to handle easily on your own. (this is the big one, everybody wants to come fishin until you actually put them on the spot)
    Need a good ramp to launch easily
    150hp Drinks petrol 1.6km/l is best economy I can get. Nelson - Durville - Nelsonand back is 180l on a calm day
    While not as "tippy" as the smaller Southerns I have been in still moves a bit compared to a pontoon boat if you all go to same side
    Trailer brakes are shit

I reckon a smaller boat is better generally as while a bigger boat is great when weather turns to shit, a smaller one will get used more often as its easier to launch, retrieve and generally handle.

I have really enjoyed hoon-ing after flounders in another forum members little demon as its easy to launch, retrieve and generally use.
    whats that work out in hours??

Yep Mikee best ski tug I've had was the Fireball 14' with the 140 Johnson on it. That was a few yrs ago but as a family boat it was so easy to launch and retrieve by yourself and towed so well. Had some good trips across lake Rotoiti in the dark at night when it was shitty
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    whats that work out in hours??
    3 each way assuming 30mph cruise, (calm day and too Stephens Passage). Prefer to go in other peoples boats up there now
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

30 mph pushing! Big boat
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

3 each way assuming 30mph cruise, (calm day and too Stephens Passage). Prefer to go in other peoples boats up there now
    Why does everyone have to steam from nelson? Is it a big wallet must be seen not to care about the fuel bill thing?
    Launching at okiwi or French pass would cost Bugger all diesel compared to steaming petrol costs.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Smiddy likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Having a boat you can launch and retreive on your own is the answer . Also a boat you dont mind scratching , would go a brand new motor but wouldnt get a new boat . My boat gets 3 times the use that my mates boats do , just because mine is so easy to handle . And there boats are 3 times better than mine .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Why does everyone have to steam from nelson? Is it a big wallet must be seen not to care about the fuel bill thing?
    Launching at okiwi or French pass would cost Bugger all diesel compared to steaming petrol costs.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Most go from Okiwi now but the road is bitch.Okiwi is tidal for bigger boats, French pass is a poo ramp but both are better than going direct from Nelson if the weather blows up.

Also a boat you dont mind scratching , would go a brand new motor but wouldnt get a new boat
    My boat was pre loved and the prevoius owner brought same brand but 1 m longer and painted. Now he is too worried about scratching it I nose mine into the rocks so missis can hop off and "you know"
    My motor had done 600 hours when I got the boat, but still like new if you take the cover off, High hours / well used maintained is better than low hours only
    Munsey likes this.