Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Is there a modern reliable ute?

Yep Rushy I had a BP card for yrs and then Z opened just up the road so I changed and i think its better diesel. I am a little big skeptical as I worked for Fuelquip for a while and I know if needed they share fuel between the companies so you could be getting anything. But Z diesel seems to be cleaner

Go Mitsy new one has an awesome warranty, I think its the only way they can sell them? Ranger I think but with arrogant sales people and supply promises broken Ill probably be getting another Colorado

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Yep Rushy I had a BP card for yrs and then Z opened just up the road so I changed and i think its better diesel. I am a little big skeptical as I worked for Fuelquip for a while and I know if needed they share fuel between the companies so you could be getting anything. But Z diesel seems to be cleaner
    I am on 91 petrol now so less of a consideration for me.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

All the ChCh diesel is crap. Trucks get flushed out and left to dry in the "sun" in lyttleton. Same depot delivering to all stations. So you can't really call any station better than the next.

Yep, I am all for the VW Amarok, nearly managed to wangle one from work instead of a Mazda 6(bugger!)
    I realise some will be sceptical of their "new fangled" twin turbo 2l diesels, but they seem to be proving themselves reliable in the harsh conditions over in Africa where they are incredibly popular and taking quite a big chunk of the market from the Hi-Lux.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Took the Amarok for a spin before the rain set in, very nice. Quoted ground clearance is bullshit, but you won't rip the fuel line off them like the hilux
    Good space in front, so so leg room in back seat. Engine fine nothing special to my mind in performance but behaves nicely. Clutch was a little heavy, gearbox not to clunky.
    Typical service costs no worse than elsewhere certainly better than some.
    Was offered what I consider an acceptable deal.

Hopefully have time to drive ranger/BT50 in weekend.
    Last edited by Barefoot; 17-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Took the Amarok for a spin before the rain set in, very nice. Quoted ground clearance is bullshit, but you won't rip the fuel line off them like the hilux
    Good space in front, so so leg room in back seat. Engine fine nothing special to my mind in performance but behaves nicely. Clutch was a little heavy, gearbox not to clunky.
    Typical service costs no worse than elsewhere certainly better than some.
    Was offered what I consider an acceptable deal.

Hopefully have time to drive ranger/BT50 in weekend.
    Hey Barefoot let me know if you go with Nissan or VW. Mate works at Farmer Auto Vilage in Mt here and may be able to at least chuck in some extra's?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Yep, I am all for the VW Amarok, nearly managed to wangle one from work instead of a Mazda 6(bugger!)
    I realise some will be sceptical of their "new fangled" twin turbo 2l diesels, but they seem to be proving themselves reliable in the harsh conditions over in Africa where they are incredibly popular and taking quite a big chunk of the market from the Hi-Lux.
    The name doesn't translate well into Zulu-Afrikaans
    Spudattack likes this.

At risk of appearing terribly dense - are you guys all talking specifically diesels? Petrol not in the picture?

I've just gone the other way being fed up with RUCs but I can put in a good word for my previous Isuzu diesel - damn thing wouldn't die and fate knows I certainly tried
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Hard to get a petrol new petrol ute, clunky gearbox in a VW is nothing new my wife has a golf wtf with those gearboxes, repaired under warranty at 15,000 k $4ks worth! Even now just not nice.

Yea,list of petrol 4wd utes anyone?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

New Ranger 6 speed boxes are falling over a bit Mates been overhauled and told common Under Warranty

Anyone got an opinion on the new 2.8 Colorado ?

Old man is umming and ahhing about upgrading to the new more power smaller motor one.
    He is dubious about the amount of power and torque they are screwing out of it, I can see his point when 4stroke motocross bikes recently came on the scene they were grenades but are a lot better now.

But its not new technology,Europe has been enjoying powerful efficient diesels for years, we have been held back by the quality of our fuel(and still are)

I like that plan, mechanical injection=bulletproof