Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Tow Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Inlaws just dropped their Skoda like a covid-infected neighbour, electrical issues like you wouldn't believe...
    Ha, I only suggested it because my bro in-law has one for work an says it’s the best car he’s ever had. I’d keep the Holden, they’ll be collectors items soon.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

We had a Toyota Fortuner 4l auto. My wife didn't want it, didn't like autos, didn't like big cars. Drove it twice, and I could lever her out of the drivers seat with a crowbar.

Now got 2l Forrester which is half the vehicle in every usable way, except towing, for which it is even more crap than half...

Quote Originally Posted by davetapson View Post
    We had a Toyota Fortuner 4l auto. My wife didn't want it, didn't like autos, didn't like big cars. Drove it twice, and I could lever her out of the drivers seat with a crowbar.

Now got 2l Forrester which is half the vehicle in every usable way, except towing, for which it is even more crap than half...
    ... couldn't lever her...

Sounds like she needs driving/parking lessons.... or she's trying to emotionally castrate you........ did you take the last bit of chocolate from the fridge?????
    Keep your ute and give her the 30k

SsangYong Rexton. I've seriously considered buying one myself. Know a few reps and stock agents who have them and all reckon they're bloody brilliant, these guys are on the road every day and do huge amount of kms often on less than ideal roads. Very well specced for the money and tow the boat in the weekend no sweat.
    Dorkus likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Yeah, the Rexton is up there on my list of things to look at
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

I'm not sure if this is a litmus test or not, but I once had a new GW 4x4 SUV that would stick at the bottom of my drive, with either a load of wood or two motorbikes on the trailer. The old Outlander climbs it without wheel slip of any of the wheels and that's in the first stage of 4x4 without diff lock engaged. Surprises me every time.
    veitnamcam and Dorkus like this.

That`s what I use for towing my caravan, and with diff lock on it will go any where great car.
    outlander likes this.

To be fair, it sounds like a good excuse to buy a 200 series land cruiser.
    Freezer and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Well, yes but she won't drive it and it's no use to me. I carry too many gas cylinders for work purposes, so need them to be in a separate part of the vehicle not the passenger space. I reckon I have a fair use exemption for having to buy utes, if not them it's a light truck and if not them it's a van with a fuc**ng expensive internal sealed cargo barrier between the front and the back (and to be honest it's not that easy to get a true 3500Kg tow rating in either vans or the lightest weight trucks - most only running 2500Kg or 3000Kg tow ratings).
    Hi Mauser, in what I do the mobile guys use a mix of van's, 2wd Utes and bottle trucks, the vans have issues around gas bottles having to be in a sealed and exturally vented box, most utes and vans end up needing override springs or bags at the back and a cert plate, the bottle trucks are expensive to run and maintain, COF etc.
    If you are after a High payload, or High towing capacity van check out the Mercedes-Benz vans.
    Z

Go with the Highlander. 100,000k’s is nothing on them. Wife will easily drive it in town...
    Dorkus likes this.

Greetings Dorkus,
    To me the answer is to replace you dearly beloved's car with a car that does most of what is needed bar the towing and keep the ute for other things like towing and going bush. Trying to do it all with one vehicle is only going to end badly. Get her to lead the choice as she will be driving it mostly. I recently replaced my Nissan Navara with a Suzuki Jimny as my needs have changed and found out what a delight it was round town with excellent visibility and maneuverability. These are the features that your wife's town car currently has and are lacking in the Colorado. There are plenty of medium size cars about that should do.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    veitnamcam, Dorkus and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    Go with the Highlander. 100,000k’s is nothing on them. Wife will easily drive it in town...
    What's the 4wd system on older Highlanders? Part time? Ok to launch a heavy boat on gravel?
    Or AWD so get stuck spinning one wheel?