Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Toyota Highlander V6 Petrol

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    With the Ranger towing 3Ton boat, I was getting 10.5L/100k. Plus RUC, still a pissload cheaper than any petrol. Basic rule is if you are towing regularly, diesel is still the way to go for economy. If it's only a rare event and you do 15K a year or less, petrol might be the better option. I'm doing about 10-15 a year and there really isn't much in it for me, it costs the same roughly as it does to run the neighbour's wifes Highlander (complete with lead soled high heel).
    The prestige of a Ford Ranger over a Toyota, its worth paying a little more!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    The prestige of a Ford Ranger over a Toyota, its worth paying a little more!!
    And you get heaps of time to admire them.....while waiting on a tow truck
    jakewire and paremata like this.
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

FWD biased AWD system, which to me as an immediate no-no. Why spend money just to carry around a fuel consuming AWD drivetrain without the benefits afforded by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    FWD biased AWD system, which to me as an immediate no-no. Why spend money just to carry around a fuel consuming AWD drivetrain without the benefits afforded by it?
    The first one I drove was a hire car for 2 months, in Aus. It was a FWD. Almost all gravel roads. A bit of a handful with the torque steer when I gave it the berries, with the traction control annoying me, plus it was skittish on the loose gravel corners with frequent intervention of the stability control.

The one I then bought is AWD, and a COMPLETELY different driving experience. Planted, pointable, very very few occasions the traction control or ESC kicks in. We did 60,000km of Aussie dirt roads before bringing it back with us, and as much again here on a mix of bitumen and metalled roads.

I wouldn’t select the FWD version of you paid for it! The AWD system is bloody great, wouldn’t be without it.
    Just...say...the...word

Just my 2cents worth but I cross shopped the Toyota and the 3.6ltr Subaru Outback.
    If you don't need the extra seats and higher towing capacity the Outback will do everything the highlander will do, just faster and with less fuel. PS the sound system is nice.
    Z
    Spudattack likes this.