Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Toyota Issue's

Price. More than a year of average kiwi's pay.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    I would love to put one of these on mine ........

https://raptorsc.com.au/toyota/hilux...005-2013-kits/
    That would have to have a big eco switch
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    I would love to put one of these on mine ........

https://raptorsc.com.au/toyota/hilux...005-2013-kits/
    Me too! Mine already passes everything but that gas station... she'd be a quarter mile machine with that added on!

Name:  FCC6B569-C88A-477F-AA04-FB78C9748AFD.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  3.18 MB
    I brought a brand new one and drives great with a noticeable power increase over the older model. But I did get a manual one and in hindsight I would go auto next time. I have since sold it and looking for a 76 cruiser. New and flash isn’t for me.
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Really does depend on the purpose, auto v manual. One area where auto's truly suck balls are in reversing heavy trailers, some of the gearboxes are geared taller than fwd 2nd in reverse. You look like a right dick stalling a ute trying to back a trailer up a hill, and when it's an auto and you have pulled forwards as far as you can and the only option is reverse and you can't slip the clutch to get the thing moving you are right fu*ked.
    Only some.....clutch wouldn't last the first few months of backing my boat up my driveway....Triton does it with ease automatic....Navara auto need to go into low box to do it......vitara manual not a hope reverse is way too high.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

In the process of ordering a 2021 hilux atm, long wait but no stress. The secondhand market that’s not far off new is ridiculous at the moment so there’s no real gain going that way vs new so long as you don’t mind the wait.
    rugerman and bigbear like this.

Anyone pre odered one of those Gucci LandCruiser 300's?? I see there's going to be up to a 4 year wait for punters who have already put some money down, to receive theirs. Marketing dudes did too well, and had 20,000 punters signed up when the factory can only make 5,000 of them annually!

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    In the process of ordering a 2021 hilux atm, long wait but no stress. The secondhand market that’s not far off new is ridiculous at the moment so there’s no real gain going that way vs new so long as you don’t mind the wait.
    I got offered more on a trade than what my hilux is insured for!
    stagstalker likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Mine went down in value, now the bloody thing is going back up! Mate just traded his one in on a brand new one, same spec, old one 200,000k's and four years, trade cost him $9000 and a drive to Wellington...

The stupid ute tax has only served to increase the price of second hand utes. Idiot Red female and Green dork couldn't organise a bigger cockup if they tried.
    Im really struggling to understand how a new vehicle tax is pushing up the price of second hand vehicles? Not saying its not happening just dont understand why?

Also how the hell can you trade a worn out ute for a new one for effectively 3k difference (minus the dirty ute tax) when new is apparently in such short supply?

Yup. Farked if I know as well - it just blows my mind to be honest.

Mitsi Outlanders are the bloody same though, brought a brand new runout for the missus for $32,990 off the dealer's floor because a rough external condition one at 3.5 years old and 115,000K's was priced at $27,990. It looked to have been an ex-company vehicle, dragged a trailer it's whole life and drove like it had been bounced off every polthole between here and Invercargill. The new one was a LS spec and not the 4wd LSX or whatever it was, which it's a town car for us so no need for 4wd anyway but did come with a heap more in the way of in-cab driver aids and safety features plus electric everything being 3.5 years newer. The only things it didn't have were radar cruise control (town car so again no real loss) and lane avoidance (which is the same).
    Yeah....9 months ago looked at a tidy second hand Vitara for the wife.....they were asking 27 from memory....nearly 4years old...test drove said to salesman we like it but not the price...the price is the price he said.( Got an immediate fuck you response in my head but said something more pleasant)
    So typical wanker car salesman....sleazy cunts the lot of them starts texting me and the wife separately trying to cut a deal.

End result we brought a brand new base model ( with some finance) for less total cost than a three year old one...Wtf.

And I did make a point of texting said slimeball and telling him we had bought new for less.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    jakewire and outdoorlad like this.

There’s just a lack of supply, drove past the local Toyota place last month and there wasn’t a hilux on the lot!

4-5 month wait for new Rangers, hilux probably the same, lot of folk wanting them before Cindys tax comes in.
    Steve123 likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Im really struggling to understand how a new vehicle tax is pushing up the price of second hand vehicles? Not saying its not happening just dont understand why?

Also how the hell can you trade a worn out ute for a new one for effectively 3k difference (minus the dirty ute tax) when new is apparently in such short supply?
    Its not the new tax its more the shortage of new vehicles, so supply and demand. So it filters through the second hand market

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    There’s just a lack of supply, drove past the local Toyota place last month and there wasn’t a hilux on the lot!

4-5 month wait for new Rangers, hilux probably the same, lot of folk wanting them before Cindys tax comes in.
    7 month wait on a sr5 hilux, Dont know what @stagstalker was told the wait was. Sr was model was longer. So toyota doesn't have any hilux's in stock and believe over 10000 new vehicles on back order
    There seems to be a lot of new Rangers sitting on lots.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Its not the new tax its more the shortage of new vehicles, so supply and demand. So it filters through the second hand market
    Yeabut wouldn't that logically push up the new market prices....?

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    7 month wait on a sr5 hilux, Dont know what @stagstalker was told the wait was. Sr was model was longer. So toyota doesn't have any hilux's in stock and believe over 10000 new vehicles on back order
    There seems to be a lot of new Rangers sitting on lots.
    That's because 200-250Km they shit themselves, if not before
    Mazda the same
    Ford Dealers go.... 180km " 'Good km' then the tell you 200 is high. Wankers.

I know 2 brand new buyers that the fords have shit between 225 and 250, one of them driving home from a service
    Ford doesn't want to know.
    Fuck Ford NZ
    veitnamcam and 35desoto like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?