Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Tyres

2wd crewman so I guess its all good
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Depends on the tyres too, performance oriented rubber sticks well but wears faster. Think I was getting 20-25k from Bridgestone RE001 and 002 on the Legacy when I was using those, 4wd car but plenty of sideways gravel antics. Some people think I drive like a bit of a nutter for some reason?
    Dundee likes this.

I would've thought $75-$80 depends who to and how your selling them I suppose..

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

while we're on tyres, fuck the nz tyre industry seems shady. what's up with the practice of not openly advertising any prices & there being like 3 big importers with a virtual monopoly
    distant stalker likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Nearly got 50K from a set of tyres on my Ranger after about 18 months. Can't recall brand but put new tyres on all 4 corners. Cost almost $1800 to renew them all plus a wheel alignment. Pretty happy with that I thought.
    BRADS likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Depends on the tyres too, performance oriented rubber sticks well but wears faster. Think I was getting 20-25k from Bridgestone RE001 and 002 on the Legacy when I was using those, 4wd car but plenty of sideways gravel antics. Some people think I drive like a bit of a nutter for some reason?
    I think bens onto it. I'd they were directional tyres I would not be surprised of they were buggered. But I would be disappointed with that amount of kms. And wouldn't be buying the same again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Dundee likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Cheers all for the comments will upgrade to a better quality tyre next time round. As I never knew if it was good or bad.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Cheers all for the comments will upgrade to a better quality tyre next time round. As I never knew if it was good or bad.
    Sometimes its not so much a difference in quality as intended purpose - bit of a simplification but its always a compromise between more grip (softer rubber) and longer life (harder rubber). Tyre shop should be able to recommend something that suits your use and driving style, either way its a fairly heavy vehicle with enough grunt to chew the tyres up!
    puku and tetawa like this.

That's a hard one ,gravel is a killer on rubber and there's a lot of variables.
    Hell iv seen quite a few people that only get that sort of mileage when they are driving only on the road , a lot comes down to how hard you stand on that loud pedal and what tyres you are running
    quite a few of the budget brands tend to do ok on the gravel as generally they are a harder compound-no grip but better mileage
    Dundee and GravelBen like this.

let me know when its time Dundee and il look after you , shops down you're ways can be rogues.....I should know I ran 1 haha
    Dundee and gadgetman like this.

Fulla
    It's all fairly relative cheap tyres half the cost half the milage.

Ive got 60000 so far out of my tyres on Ranger.Only half worn.Ive got a set of 285s which I put on when im taking truck off road.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    while we're on tyres, fuck the nz tyre industry seems shady. what's up with the practice of not openly advertising any prices & there being like 3 big importers with a virtual monopoly
    Who's the big three cuz?

Sent from my S7e