Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dundee

Thread: Ute canopy

Ute canopy

Hey team,
    I'm in the market for the canopy (white preferably), for my 2018 Mitsubishi Triton, looking at second hand first.
    Can someone tell me, would other vehicle makes fit? Say hilux, ranger, Nissan, mazda.
    I haven't found a Mitsubishi one yet, but have seen some other vehicle make ones

Cheers bevan

Hey mate, to the best of my knowledge other Ute model canopies will not fit your Triton. Different length, depths, widths of trays will mean other canopies will not fit. Being 2018 I presume it’s an MQ. I too tried finding a second hand one for my MQ Triton however I found very few around.

One thing I can suggest is jumping on Facebook and joining a couple of the MQ or just general Mitsubishi Triton groups on there and asking around. Wreckers would be the other option.

In the end I had to buy a new canopy. I did some shopping around at the Field Days and found the best value for money, functionality and looks was Crown.

ARB seem to think they are superior, and they do have lots of accessories that can be useful, but from what I have seen they are far from water tight. Which may or may not be an issue for you. And water tightness issues are also the risk with going second hand. ARB from memory were $7k+ whereas Crown were around $5k.

Cheers,

Andrew

I got a Holden Crewman tornae cover if any one is interested?
    madjon_ likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

trademe or face book market place plenty mitsi options on both

Mitsi tend to not fit anything else and vice-versa due to the tray dimensions and also the shape of the cab in front of the tray. The Mitsi design is a bit more curved than some others that tend to be more boxy due to the 'internal volume' claims they have.

This means that you don't have the options to start with, and the numbers in the second hand market that are still OK. You might have to settle for a coloured one and repaint it which by the time you do that is almost more hassle than paying the extra and buying new... I got a Navara canopy for $1 and repaired the plastic body of it, replaced and refitted the rails and bolted it to the ute myself and then got it repainted metallic blue which cost about $1300 all up - a new one was around $3k at the time. Lot of piss arsing about though.