Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Wildtrack - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Hmmm maybe I should be looking at a ranger not the triton... Hen again I could almost buy two low special triton for one ranger, and then I would be driving a Ford....
    Any one of those will have four tyres for you to kick
    veitnamcam, BRADS, Nibblet and 1 others like this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    I love my Wildtrak ( 2016 model ) It's a grouse truck, I use it 99% on the road, it drives very well & is a great touring vehicle.

Pros - Goes & handles great, nice interior layout & styling, good size screen with decent stereo & GPS, lots of great electric gizmo's that actually work properly ( some only found on the wildtrak ) such as auto dipping headlights, active cruise control & heated seats.

Con's - The turbo is very big with a narrow power band so you need to work it for best results, Front grill / bumper styling in a bit naff, headlights are gutless & have far to narrow a beam & the door beeper ( that can't be turned off ) drives me farken bonkers.

The second generation face lift of the current model ( late 2015 onwards ) is the one to go for, plus the Wildtrak comes standard with a tow bar & deck roller, Not added extras like with some other brands
    Beaker likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    I love my Wildtrak ( 2016 model ) It's a grouse truck, I use it 99% on the road, it drives very well & is a great touring vehicle.

Pros - Goes & handles great, nice interior layout & styling, good size screen with decent stereo & GPS, lots of great electric gizmo's that actually work properly ( some only found on the wildtrak ) such as auto dipping headlights, active cruise control & heated seats.

Con's - The turbo is very big with a narrow power band so you need to work it for best results, Front grill / bumper styling in a bit naff, headlights are gutless & have far to narrow a beam & the door beeper ( that can't be turned off ) drives me farken bonkers.

The second generation face lift of the current model ( late 2015 onwards ) is the one to go for, plus the Wildtrak comes standard with a tow bar & deck roller, Not added extras like with some other brands
    Thanks for that

Have you added any additions to it? Ie winch, etc....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    They easily get stuck in 10 cm of mud! Had to ask for the help of a Toyota hilux to get it out...

Atleast the rear bumper didnt fall off.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Thanks for that

Have you added any additions to it? Ie winch, etc....
    Thought about sticking a light bar or decent spotlights but other than that no never bothered since it's basically a road ute, It's pretty useless on the greasy shit with the standard road HT rubber ( especially in 2WD ) but I must admit the hill decent works really well, I had to drive out from a hut high in the hills on a steep clay track after a night of heavy rain and it handled it well. Also has a rear diff lock so should be a capable off roader with decent mud feet although its quite a heavy unit @ 2.5 ton.
    Beaker likes this.

Thought about sticking a light bar or decent spotlights but other than that no never bothered since it's basically a road ute, It's pretty useless on the greasy shit with the standard road HT rubber ( especially in 2WD ) but I must admit the hill decent works really well, I had to drive out from a hut high in the hills on a steep clay track after a night of heavy rain and it handled it well. Also has a rear diff lock so should be a capable off roader with decent mud feet although its quite a heavy unit @ 2.5 ton.
    The boss got an led light upgrade with better spread on his as the lights pissed him off too....I think it was 500 bucks or it might have been 1500 bucks but it was one of those two.
    Beaker likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Sweet.
    If I get one, I'll go for better lights then.

Thanks heaps all.
    Philipo likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

I had one a great Ute only sold it to get the Everest and love it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Mines still in the shop, waiting on a new gearbox, 65k on the clock. It only just came out of the shop after having transfer case issues

Are the Mazda BT50 and Ranger one in the same like they used to be? Can get a pretty good deal on a new BT50 by buying through Farmsource and I also have been kicking a few tyres lately
    striker and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Are the Mazda BT50 and Ranger one in the same like they used to be? Can get a pretty good deal on a new BT50 by buying through Farmsource and I also have been kicking a few tyres lately
    Can you come clean up me beer
    Be interested to see how that compares to farmlands deal on Hilux

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    From what I've heard the BT50 runs the old ( first gen 2012 ranger ) gear box etc, I test drove one & it was a nice truck ( styling is a bit different ) I was seriously considering but for some reason we don't get the decent dash ( with decent touch screen ) in NZ like Aussie does, We just get some antiquated old "full of push buttons" entertainment & climate control system with shit gps & reversing camera. Mazda dropped the ball there big time

From what I've heard the BT50 runs the old ( first gen 2012 ranger ) gear box etc, I test drove one & it was a nice truck ( styling is a bit different ) I was seriously considering but for some reason we don't get the decent dash ( with decent touch screen ) in NZ like Aussie does, We just get some antiquated old "full of push buttons" entertainment & climate control system with shit gps & reversing camera. Mazda dropped the ball there big time
    What do you mean................... it is a Mazda BT50. I'm surprised it even started
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The boss got an led light upgrade with better spread on his as the lights pissed him off too....I think it was 500 bucks or it might have been 1500 bucks but it was one of those two.
    If anything the lights on my Hilux are too bright....

@Tommy any thoughts on them? And can you turn off the beepers etc by plugging into a computer ?