Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Will a bit of beach driving bugger my truck?

i managed to get a woodhill block to hunt the fallow a couple of years back. the block i got was the long coastal one. anyway motorbikes and 4x4 spent the day carving up my block. i was not a happy hunter and reported it back to the woodhill commity. typical i spose of a place that is not to far from auckland. still pinged a deer tho. sorry if abit off topic.. it just reminded of it.

Couple more pics. Hey at least you got your deer Sakokid. I share your frustration with noisy dirt bikers, but hey we gotta share the forest unfortunately. Been thinking about trying to get on the ballot there, but from what I've heard I wouldn't even be able to go with my brother out there. You get a block to yourself and that's it. Don't know. I haven't looked into it yet.

Way cool. Looked like a good setup with the bbq etc. Only thing to worry about there are the soft spots in the sand at high speed.

I had a coastal ballot block once that bikers invaded without seeing them. Mentioned it to an experience Woodhill hunter and he said not to worry about it. The deer walk off the tracks as the bikes get close then walk back out after the bikes have passed. Next time I think I might strike a deal and use the bikes to get me back downwind

make sure you give your ball joints etc a good clean afterwards. Did this ages ago in my old IFS hilux ute and man did it squeak for aaaggeesss afterwards.

Cool Cruiser. I want one.

If there is a river with access on the way home just give it a dip - we always used to give the trucks a wash in the Hut river after a trip out.

Dont give it tooo much of a dip - the old man hydrauliced the trooper doing just that