Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: WTB Honda CT110

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    And no clutch, you can ride with one hand. Or easy walk it though tough places. Racks to burn. Step though, easy on off.
    There's a reason why there so popular.
    All g if your dropping some mail off

Attacking an un maintained 20 degree track with a bit of dampness
    Your low range is sweet till you tiny tyres clog then your weight saving is up to fuck all when your dragging or worse carrying your mode of transport
    May as well walk
    Just my 2c worth

I think you can still get them new too....

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    All g if your dropping some mail off

Attacking an un maintained 20 degree track with a bit of dampness
    Your low range is sweet till you tiny tyres clog then your weight saving is up to fuck all when your dragging or worse carrying your mode of transport
    May as well walk
    Just my 2c worth
    They have their place. They do things other bikes cannot and other bikes do things these cannot. I have seen CTs get places I would never consider taking another bike and in one case where I could not walk upright.. Its all horss for courses. You dont buy a landy or a safari if you want to do rally and you dont buy an impreza for offroad hunting....

DRs are good and I loved my 250, not a fan of the 2 strokes with the exception of the yamaha AG unless you are simply wanting speed, and four hunting and creeping about, I would take a CT every time (Or a quad if one is there.) They are not for everybody, but there is a reason they made them for so long without changing them much. They got it right to start with.
    Shootm and tetawa like this.

SGR
    Looked at a Suzuki ag at all ?

Hi there I have 110 running and a 90 for parts if you are keen , do not want much for them maybe 2 boxes of the good stuff, Waikato that is , and they are yours..
    P38 and GWH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gur1 View Post
    Hi there I have 110 running and a 90 for parts if you are keen , do not want much for them maybe 2 boxes of the good stuff, Waikato that is , and they are yours..
    I would have grabbed that in a second if I was even in the same Island. I would suggest at least a few more than a couple boxes.....

I paid 500 a long time ago for one of them, seen it's share of blood and lots of coons , going to good home means more than money to me ,
    P38, veitnamcam, gadgetman and 2 others like this.

Suzuki TF125s are almost invincable, when geared low you can ride them without a clutch in easy terrain. Nice big wheels and lighter than a forstroke, also has a half decent carrier on it.

You can pick them up pretty cheap now.

Not looking fora suzuki Ag thanks.

PM inbound Gur1.

Quote Originally Posted by yerimaginaryM8 View Post
    If you are traveling over sticky clay tracks a CT110 will become useless pretty quick. I'd go with an xr200 over a 110. More clearance on mud guards, takes better tires can still sit on it and touch the ground, (90-2003 models have reduced suspension travel vs 81-90) not too heavy. An XR200 geared low with big rear sprocket will climb anything that bigger bikes will. Xr150 might be ok also, but xr200 likely cheaper and slightly better power.
    My brother has 2 CT 110's with high/low ratio, we have gone places I can hardly walk. He has done modifications to account for suspension, tyres and mudguard clearance. He put a CT 200 front end on them and then engineered a rear pro link suspension, these things will go anywhere. The beauty of the CT 110 is they are so quiet so you can ride them right up to where you want to start hunting and you won't scare off your pray. The CT 200 front end gives you heaps of wheel clearance so you can fit a full nobly on the front and with the rear pro link suspension you also have heaps of clearance so you can fit a mean nobly on the back as well. These are the ultimate machines for getting into those hard to get places. You have made a great choice Ingrid 51 however the mods are essential or else you won't get to half the places and the ride will be awful.
    Feral likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    My brother has 2 CT 110's with high/low ratio, we have gone places I can hardly walk. He has done modifications to account for suspension, tyres and mudguard clearance. He put a CT 200 front end on them and then engineered a rear pro link suspension, these things will go anywhere. The beauty of the CT 110 is they are so quiet so you can ride them right up to where you want to start hunting and you won't scare off your pray. The CT 200 front end gives you heaps of wheel clearance so you can fit a full nobly on the front and with the rear pro link suspension you also have heaps of clearance so you can fit a mean nobly on the back as well. These are the ultimate machines for getting into those hard to get places. You have made a great choice Ingrid 51 however the mods are essential or else you won't get to half the places and the ride will be awful.
    Something like this?

https://youtu.be/VsoyyVbStlA
    gadgetman, 308 and Ingrid 51 like this.

Excellent advice thanks &mm Rem Mag.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

OK Guys pretty much sorted now. Many thanks to all for the comments/advice. I'd like to acknowledge Tetawa and Gur 1 for their support and provision of necessary goods. To clarify the search; I wanted a CT110 for putt putting in my hunting and exploring in retirement, I needed reliability and quietness in a machine that was simple enough for an older guy to maintain. I love classics, including my wife. My intention is to refurbish the bike so grandkids can ultimately ride 'grandad's bike'. The forum has been a godsend!
    jakewire, P38, madjon_ and 5 others like this.

All good, hope it goes well for you econohonda in te aroha are excellent for parts new and 2nd hand for older honda dirt bikes (07) 884 8810 parts@econohonda.com
    Ingrid 51 likes this.