Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: August Auckland Gong shoot

Yip ill be there ,and i think one other member will be with me ,he wont no till closer to the time .

sturg4
    I will come and camp...I can help out ..but I wont be competing.

that's great guys and Scribe you can help out on the scoring .cheers
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Guys this is important as I am sure you appreciate for all shooters so please read or print out to read as we run a tight ship regarding saftey of shooters at all times !

Note Fee,s –the shoot is free from our perspective but the Farm charges $20 per person per day for Shooters !!! non shooters wont pay I am sure

Safety
    1. Violation of any safety rules will result in banishment
    2. Firearm safety rules are the baseline for safety at this match.
    3. Competitors shall practice good muzzle control and firearm safety at all times. Competitors that do not handle their weapons safely will be disqualified from competing.
    1. Do not ever allow the muzzle of your weapons to point at anyone.
    2. Do not load your weapons until directed to do so by a range officer.
    3. Do not put your finger on the trigger until your sights are aligned with your target.
    4. Obey all Range Officer commands immediately.
    4. In addition an Accidental Discharge, the stage RO may call an A.D. using his own judgement. Example: if the competitor was clearly not engaging a target. Any round that does not impact within 10 yards of the target the competitor is engaging is declared to be an AD.
    5. The entire competition area is a "cold range."
    1. No firearms may be loaded at the match site except under the direct command of a RO.
    2. Long-guns shall be kept unloaded, and carried muzzle up or muzzle down and the action open.
    3. "Sweeping" any person with a weapon's muzzle will result in immediate D.Q.
    6. All firearms must have a functioning safety, subject to verification by an RO at any time.
    7. Any firearm or ammunition deemed by any RO or match staff to be "unsafe" for any reason may not be used in the match until a determination is made by the match director that it may continue
    8. Any firearm that can be demonstrated by any RO or match staff to have a hammer/striker that will fall without the trigger being pressed shall be deemed unsafe and may not be used in the match until repaired.
    9. Any rifle slung must have an empty chamber, unless directed by the stage RO.
    10. No person shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at the match site. Any person found to be impaired and unsafe as a result of legitimate prescription drugs may be directed to stop shooting and requested to leave the range.
    11. Eye and ear protection is mandatory.
    12. This match includes dynamic shooting in natural terrain. Match staff will communicate what are safe directions to point firearms while shooting, or while waiting. This will typically be presented during a stage or match briefing. The competitor shall note and obey the safe muzzle direction guidelines.
    Equipment
    1. Rifle
    1. Minimum caliber: .223
    2. Maximum caliber: .338 Lapua Magnum
    2. Any shooting accessories may be used provided they are carried by the competitor during every stage. Accessories include but are not limited to:
    1. bipods, bags, shooting sticks, slings, jackets, gloves, or other shooting support devices
    2. optics such as spotting scopes, binoculars, and range-finders
    3. The competitor may use only one rifle during the course of the entire match. A rifle is defined to consist of a specific combination of receiver/action, stock, barrel, muzzle devices, sighting systems.
    4. Ammunition and magazines may be replenished at any time.
    5. Ammunition that must be "fired" to be unloaded once chambered is declared to be unsafe and may not be used in this match. All firearms must be able to be completely unloaded without firing a round.
    6. No steel core, steel jacketed, armor piercing, incendiary or tracer bullets are permitted.
    7. In the event a weapon breaks or becomes inoperable during the match, the shooter may substitute a weapon of substantially similar configuration for subsequent stages, but only after approval by the Match Director.

SCORING
    Each stage will be scored in a manner to reward accuracy, other factors, or some combination thereof. Accuracy will be emphasized, and first-round rifle hits will be worth more than second round hits (if permitted by the stage brief). Stage scores will be normalized into match points to comprise the overall match scores. Full scoring details to follow.
    PENALTIES
    1. The Match Director has the right to disqualify any competitor for Unsportsmanlike Conduct based on his judgment.
    Note: rules are subject to change up until the match date. Final match and stage briefings supersede all prior information.

guys also this is a working farm with Bulls, steers, goats , deer, donkeys and horses on it so some times we need to work around the animals

LOL m8 what up with the line at the bottom of your post ,??? its got me thinking bad shit here bout your sexual preferences el -b lmfao

youll have to ask the Mods about that as they have been touching my profile up while I was sleeping

Haaaahahaha thats funny shit rite there el - b

Just looked at ya profile lol the bugga's bin up ta mischief alrite ,your gonna have to sleep with one eye open from now on ...

only a few weeks away guys -remember come prepared and those who need a hand with anything send a message so we can help have you on target

What's a target?
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Caretaker
    Any deer standing side on
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

all squares and rounds --- moa to 3 moa sizes --closest 340y furthest 860y -- if you want to come and not understand this pm me

OK next weekend were shooting. I will be setting the course Friday and towing a trailer with a gas barbeque.Please bring a tent or you can sleep on the barns hay ,something for the barbeque, booooozzzee and whatever else you need.Remember $20 per person per day ,ammo for shoot 40 rounds plus more if you need to zero and plink the following day.
    Sadly one friend won be coming as h had all his uninsured guns stolen yesterday b gangsta's for the black market--remember insure your stuff
    Any questions PM me---.we'll have a great time with a very good venue

Thats sucks i no how he'll be feeling ,i had my place knocked off a few years back crobared the Gun cabinet while i was away hunting ,police found one of my Finnlights in a gang house way the fuck up in whangarei .. all the best to your mate he mite get lucky ,they could be found ...