Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A forum hunt

I am keen if someone does not mind if I tag along with them do some spotting as I do not have a rifle at this time and not sure if i will have one by then. I do NOT want a shot with someones rifle.Real keen to get out

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    I am keen if someone does not mind if I tag along with them do some spotting as I do not have a rifle at this time and not sure if i will have one by then. I do NOT want a shot with someones rifle.Real keen to get out
    If it works out pops and we go to the same area, you can have all the shots ya want with my shooter, as long as you haul it. I am going for the piss up and to meet some new folks.
    pops likes this.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Ok so do we want to do the goat hunt? Which wud be a casual just showup thing and very cheap campout event....
    Pair up on the day type event in the top of the south?

Or do we wanna group up an do choppa flyins based from the glacier area? Which would require a $250 non refundable deposit per person......

I vote for the goat mission... And plan for approx the weekend of 22nd and 23rd october and maybe involve the friday 21st as well??????

Hows that sound guys???

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Ok so do we want to do the goat hunt? Which wud be a casual just showup thing and very cheap campout event....
    Pair up on the day type event in the top of the south?

Or do we wanna group up an do choppa flyins based from the glacier area? Which would require a $250 non refundable deposit per person......

I vote for the goat mission... And plan for approx the weekend of 22nd and 23rd october and maybe involve the friday 21st as well??????

Hows that sound guys???
    If its quiet on the bait front I will be keen on the goats. Should be able to make it that time as well. Sounds all good Adam.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If its quiet on the bait front I will be keen on the goats. Should be able to make it that time as well. Sounds all good Adam.
    Well it all depends on access permission and on wee abey... So ill let him "find" this and he can give us the big thumbs up cos its his contact....

How do you other interested hordes feel about this?

To be completely honest im not into goats so I'll be out . But if it turns pear shaped pm me and I don't mind helping out to try and sort a roo shoot. Good luck

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    To be completely honest im not into goats so I'll be out . But if it turns pear shaped pm me and I don't mind helping out to try and sort a roo shoot. Good luck
    There are chams and reds there as well. It not about the quarry Munsey its about meeting new like minded sorts and helping or learning off them. We had a ball last trip and Abe and I shot bugger all goats.
    Oodles of rabbits as well.

Rather go for deer but if quiet am keen at least I will get to meet new people and be able to do some spotting. The dates sound good to me as I will get time off all I need is about 8 weeks notice as I am on shifts.

I better start thinking of a excuse/ story to tell the wife

R93
    A forum deer hunt on public land would be good for some and not others. You would need a heap of different spots to accommodate a large group.
    Deer will seem too vacate an area entirely if there is too much pressure. Trying to get someone new to score an animal depending on area, could be hard work and a waste of time.

Impure Lead Flinger
    A forum deer hunt on public land would be good for some and not others. You would need a heap of different spots to accommodate a large group.
    Deer will seem too vacate an area entirely if there is too much pressure. Trying to get someone new to score an animal depending on area, could be hard work and a waste of time.
    My thinking also... To accomadate a large amount of people into a successful group hunt then bunnys roos or goats become the quarry...

Deer cham or tahr and we are looking at a mass splitting up which kind of defeats the purpose...
    But im easy if people want too do that we can do that.. Split into two partys and fly in the chopper into xyz spot...... And target chams or tahr....

Talking

Interested in the goat piss up thing but just gotta work out the acroos the ditch and $$$$ thing.... oh and a leave pass.

There are chams and reds there as well. It not about the quarry Munsey its about meeting new like minded sorts and helping or learning off them. We had a ball last trip and Abe and I shot bugger all goats.
    Oodles of rabbits as well.
    Go on then put me down , look forward to meeting you all .

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Go on then put me down , look forward to meeting you all .
    Good man!

Impure Lead Flinger
    RIGHT

Im off down haast for a week if pilage so be interesting too see what its all squabbled down to

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Im sure plenty of people will be more than willing for you to fire their rifle Good way to get an Idea what you want/ will suit you.

Put me down for the goat hunt/piss up Bobby. Need finalized dates ASAP
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.