Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot

Good to see some more entries. PM sent Dougie and Kiwijames.

I figured the 30 second time limit on the 100m target would stop people putting up wind flags and taking their time shooting the best group ever. In my limited experience wild cats are difficult to stalk and don't ussually hang round so fast accurate shooting sometimes at distance is required. Hence the time limit!

Still waiting to receive your PM Dundee if you want me to send you some targets. Last time i printed some of these targets i printed off about 30 of each so i'd be happy to send you a few of each.

Got two more lots of shot targets (other than Dougie and Kiwijames) this morning. So far we have about twice as many North Island entries and we have South Island entries. Based on targets i have scored so far the entire South Island is resting on the sharp shooting of Vietnamcam!
    I have to admit though that is probably not a bad plan based on averages!

Shit id better put the effort in and re shoot it with a decent scope!

Im still in , not that I will help the averages at all.but it wil be the last week before i can get it done.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I'm excited to hear the results I think Dave and I will equally bring the island averages down haha sorry boys!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I think Dave and I will equally bring the island averages down haha sorry boys!
    YESSS!!!! Thats the attitude we need to bring down the South Island average!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    YESSS!!!! Thats the attitude we need to bring down the South Island average!
    Is it where you currently reside that counts? Cos I'm a Canterbury girl, but live in Wellington! Dave is from Nelson.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Is it where you currently reside that counts? Cos I'm a Canterbury girl, but live in Wellington! Dave is from Nelson.
    Dougie it sounds to me as though if your score is shyte you will be considered a Mainlander for sure.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Lol there are a few people that aren't impressed with their scores either though, so I'll have to see how I stack up against everyone else

After re-reading the rules i never stipulated. So, in the interest of bringing down the South....
    It had better be where you currently reside, any other ruling and it would open us up to match fixing!

lets just hope people in the north will still like me after this then!

Yeah Gille watch them Southy's
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

lets just hope people in the north will still like me after this then!
    I think you'll be fine. Its all fun and games anyway! I will always promote a competition that has an ultimate winner but while competing i tend to believe you should compete against yourself first and foremost. So if you had fun and thought your score was pretty good knowing your own ability then great, you did fine. If you thought you should have done better than i guess you should have practiced more!

I'll write up what would have been my expected "good" scores after i have everyones. To let people know what is considered good right now would disadvantage those who have already shot.

Don't forget we are talking averages here as well. The north island has several good scores already in so the addition of a "low" score has minimal impact. The south island has one quite good score in and so a second "lower" score will have a relatively large impact. Hmmmm... if i am running the shoot and have a vested interest in the North Island winning is that a conflict of interest!?!! Nah, definately not!

Cheers Gillie got all those targets tonight now will have too go back thru this thread too read the rules.Might have a go on the weekend.

Post 4 yep got it sorted.Thanks Gillie

LinkBacks (?)

1. 31-07-2012, 11:08 AM