Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Tarata Medium Range and 22LR Field Shoot

I think i lost as much points as i gained haha. More trigger time is on order.

Yep. More of these shoots is the order of the day I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    Yup, I wasn't exactly tactical in my shooting decisions...lost another -10 points on the non contact (trying to be pc) target too... then dug in my heels and didn't want to score points on the big target at 600y, nope id rather miss the little target again and again....

Nothing wrong with my rifle, its the user who sucked :-)
    Don't worry, I shot a field competition yesterday and made several stupid decisions but luckily they were pretty much all on the first stage. Didn't foul the barrel like I was allowed to do, didn't reset the windage from Tarata the previous weekend, then dawdled my way through the stage so the last couple of shots were rushed, clipped the very edge of the "no-shoot" target twice, dodgy trigger control didn't help either... and that one stage cost me the overall match win... my lack of practice making itself evident!

Still, it leaves room for me to improve next time!
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Yep. If everything was perfect all the time there would be no challenges and life would be very boring. Worse still, the inbuilt male gene that makes a bit of banter a lifestyle and fun necessity, would get very disgruntled. A man I have a lot of respect for once said to me; "mate, the man who hasn't made a mistake hasn't done anything."
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quite true Woody, but as I have been trying to win that trophy for a year or two now coming so close and to loose it on some really basic screw-ups on my part is a bitter pill to swallow. I was talking to someone over the weekend about some sports psychology - if something does go well you don't want to take that experience into the next event (i.e. negative thinking produces negative results) and so the easiest way to leave it behind you is to blame someone/something else. I struggle to believe this is what they teach professional sports people - no wonder some of them come across as arrogant as f$#k.

To rub salt in the wound is the fact the guy that won the event was using a 308...
    Woody and WallyR like this.

Yeash. I checked my 30-06 yesterday. Now I am revising a certain load I experimented with in the wrong place---

Should've used the 308 and dealt with certainties but wtf; it doesn't matter because the entertainment more than compensated. Look forward to the next attempt ay.

The winners on the day generally did things better than the rest of us and provided they were honest, then they deserved to be there.

Im really happy for an old bugger!! @Woody hahahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Quite true Woody, but as I have been trying to win that trophy for a year or two now coming so close and to loose it on some really basic screw-ups on my part is a bitter pill to swallow. I was talking to someone over the weekend about some sports psychology - if something does go well you don't want to take that experience into the next event (i.e. negative thinking produces negative results) and so the easiest way to leave it behind you is to blame someone/something else. I struggle to believe this is what they teach professional sports people - no wonder some of them come across as arrogant as f$#k.

To rub salt in the wound is the fact the guy that won the event was using a 308...
    Ive a guy here that has never admitted being wrong or apologised in all the time ive known him, shifts the blame to someone else everytime.t guess that he has a small willy and that stops him manning up!! but its frustrating
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Im really happy for an old bugger!! @Woody hahahaha
    There's always another day Maca49

Once I get my shit together I will put up a thread about the 2016 version of this event...

Very good. I got a 6.5*55 specially to give Maca49 a run. Hes gonna be my gunbearer :-)

Simon , do you have a date for this yrs shoot ?

Cheers Chris